Mark VI Helmet Modifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylow

Jr Member
I was thrilled when i received a copy of JediStumpy's amazing Mark VI helmet today. The work he did is absolutely incredible, now i just have to come up what i want to do to finish it out. That's where you come in, I would like to ask everyone's opinion on these three concepts. I want to do one of the following from these concepts sketches in the Art of Halo 3 book, either rescue, stealth, or grenadier. I'm leaning towards the stealth but the grenadier is truly impressive as well, also the rescue has a quirkiness to it that i kind of like. So what do you think !
http://www.405th.com/[ATTACH=full]120756[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]120755[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]120756[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]95672[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]95673[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• _DSC0064.jpg
    _DSC0064.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 94
  • helmets.jpg
    helmets.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 109
  • _DSC0064.jpg
    _DSC0064.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 94
  • helmets.jpg
    helmets.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 104
i like the stealth more but the granader is also extreamly cool, i would be hard pressed between the two. but as you can tell by mine i like different so i would probably go with the rescue. hard choice to make all three are cool. i know not much help but i really like the ideas.

Why not make your own concept? If you want to modify another person's cast the you shouldnt make it into another person's ideas, you should make your own. You can incorporate different things you want and mix and match some of yor ideas and really make it BA!!

What I would do with the helmet style is make a hybrid from the Stealth and Grenadier concepts, and then add a few personal touches to it.

i agree with Blowing, why paint that one and be done with it when you can make a mold of off it and make a ton of them!

Grenadier.

And to answer Blowing and Deathbox that would be recast and I do not think JediStumpy would be really happy with that.

Pat

To everyone who is telling me to cast multiples, this is not my helmet it is a cast from JediStumpy and i will never recast his or anyone else's work. And try to remember that is extremely frowned upon here so remind me not to sell to you guys lol.

on the bright side it looks like grenadier is winning out !

I don't get rescue... Why the tow hook on the cranium? I twould make a lot more sense to attach it to the torso, otherwise the spartan's neck is going to stretch... #2 seems best for me.

Well that is simply a crop of the original picture , in the full picture he actually has more tow hooks on the biceps. I agree though, the thought crossed my mind that even a Spartans neck wouldn't be strong enough to hoist something up with. I am still greatly torn between the stealthy/black-ops feel and the rugged grenadier feel. just something about the flash kill over the visor for the grenadier screams awesome. And yes i agree it would be much more personal to come up with my own design but i have been wanting to do one of these for the longest time. For the sake of the thread I'm posting the full picture , maybe this will help in the decision. And i'm contemplating making the full blown suit for the helmet i choose as well so any thoughts are welcome !

IMGP0819.jpg

IMGP0819.jpg

Grenadier, on one condition: you need a REALLY BIG shotgun to go with it. (...at least, I think those are shotgun shells hanging off the chestplate...)

I did not make these sketches myself they are from a halo concept book but i have seen that helmet thread before and it's an interesting alternative to a visor. In this case it is simply a kill flash much like the real military uses on rifle scopes to disperse the glare you would see and help your odds of not being seen and in this case seems to add extra face protection. I would simply put a wider wire screen over an actual visor installed on the helmet. That alone is whats making me want to do grenadier so badly.

I guess I'm the only one but I like the Rescue one. Also, I'm guessing that the Attachment point on the helmet could be used to secure the helmet if it needed to be taken off in a Tight situation.

I'm not a certified rope rescue or even regular rescue person but I did dabble in becoming a Stage Rigger for a while. I do know that when you're up in the air you like to have everything attached to you so it doesn't fall. If I had the money I may try the Rescue one and actually make it have actual attachment points via a Full body harness through the suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back