Mark Vi Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
great helm, much better than my MKVI.

what kind of body filler are you using? it seems that your's has little hardener.. in comparison to my body filler that im using that color has no hardener at all... just curious though.

raziel1981- Cheers for the complimet but i highly doubt that its better than yours, your hyabusa is amazing. The body filler im using is;

BbL4I82kKGrHqMH-EMEqujV8QNBKu1HCcRw.jpg

I dont know if its available outside the UK but its really good stuff, easy to sand and it has a little give in it so it can bend without cracking. To be honest no matter how much ardner i mix the colour stays the same, a lovely vommit green :p

Alex Spartan- Yes RONDO stinks, really bad, the smell just lingers around. But its a hell of alot easy and faster than fiberglass, just put enough coats in the peice and you will get thin spots that crack. Make sure you use a resporator as its probably more dangerous than just resin as you have the fume of bondo in there aswell.

welshwarrior123 said:
Alex Spartan- Yes RONDO stinks, really bad, the smell just lingers around. But its a hell of alot easy and faster than fiberglass, just put enough coats in the peice and you will get thin spots that crack. Make sure you use a resporator as its probably more dangerous than just resin as you have the fume of bondo in there aswell.

So how did you took out or stopped the smell??

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you cant really stop the smell, I just rondo'd my helmet and left it out side for about 2-3hrs. Its a very strong smell but it goes away after a day, pretty much when the stuff has dried it stops smelling, all I can smell now is body filler :p

Welsh

welshwarrior123 said:
Well you cant really stop the smell, I just rondo'd my helmet and left it out side for about 2-3hrs. Its a very strong smell but it goes away after a day, pretty much when the stuff has dried it stops smelling, all I can smell now is body filler :p

Welsh

Ok Dude

BTW right now im gonna resin, I have a pic of the stuff Im gonna use in my Reach Armor Thread, And I was wondering If you think I need anything else???

Its gonna be my first time resining so, I need to have everything :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if your resining the outside of your piece to strengthen it all you need is the resin and hardner, just mix it up and brush it on. If your gonna rondo your piece its a 1:1 ratio of resin and body filler, plus you also need to put a bit of body filler hardner into it. If you need any more help just ask.

Welsh

hey not much of an update here but Ive hit a bit of a problem with my helmet yesterday, now I dont know if this has happened with any one else who has used rondo or if it was just a thin area. I found that in the bottom section of the jaw where the two indents are, the rondo was getting very soft, resulting in it bending and cracking the resin on the outside. Luckily ive managed to fix it with a bit of hot glue and alot more rondo.

SNC00197.jpg

Ive also got a small update regarding some body filler, ive got it all throughly pasted on the side and its ready for sanding :D

SNC00198.jpg

Also i need a bit of advice, Ive left a part blank as im at a lost at what to do, the small vent sections on the side of the helmet seem a bit complicated to do, and having a look at some reference pics you cant really see them. So do you think that it would look okay just to have an indent there rather than the vents? opinions :D

SNC00199.jpg

Hey guys got another update here, not as much as I was expecting as I had a problem with some filler not hardning properly so most of of time was taken up clearing it all off. So what ive decide to do is cover the entire back of the helmet in filler, and build up certain sections to get the details I wanted. Due to the problem I had i have not sanded the raised area yet but should hopefully have it done along with the other side pretty soon.

SNC00215.jpg

SNC00217.jpg

SNC00219.jpg

SNC00222.jpg

Also off topic but I thought i'd post it here as its relatively small, ive mounted my final neck section to the lower parts which mean my back armour for my tarkov is now finally finished.

SNC00227.jpg

Cheers for looking guys and more updates soon,

Welsh

Hey guys, posted this earlier but with the forum being moved to a new host it got deleated. sorry for the lack of updates recently but ive had alot on with college and deadlines. I went out to day and bought some more supplies and managed to get some decent work done on the helmet, most of it has gon on trying to get the helmet symetrical which is quite a task, but ive alos managed to work on the other side of the helmet. All of the details have been done with layering and the foamie technique whch is very easy and clean to do. The helmet has just had a rough sand and shape, while the side i finished earlier has been gone over with a new type of sandpaper and i slapped some primer on to see the results. Off topic: is any one here a member of the dented helmet as im looking into starting up a Boba fett after my Tarkov is done.

SNC00246.jpg

SNC00248.jpg

SNC00251.jpg

SNC00250.jpg

SNC00247.jpg

Updates soon,

Welsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back