Mark Vi Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esy

Jr Member
Hello,
I'm waiting to open this forum few days, and now finaly open the registration. Then here is my progres of my helo armor.
I start when i see the helo helmet, but when I see other parts the I say "I must have this" ANd now in this time i have helmet fierglased, molded and waiting for visor and painting. Armor in 60% of paper model base. tho shoulders but in time i think its to big then need to rebuild. And one hand plate totay builded with painting. Then I share my progresion with ppl on this forum. Iade all part in home in my hand :eek:] Now i try to make our 3D models abd undolf in pepakura, ut im in start.

Otherwise i build the jango fett helm for my friend but need sand the mold and painitg.

Then stop writing text and post some picture from progres.

And now i have one quetion on comunity. Where you cut the tosrso armor to split it into two parts ?

Esy

747_P1080536xx.jpg

731_P1080537xx.jpg

929_P1080579xx.jpg

151_P1080621xx.jpg

667_P1080628xx.jpg

462_P1080631xx.jpg

913_P1080632xx.jpg

287_P1080664xx.jpg

660_P1080665xx.jpg

980_P1080666xx.jpg

here is progres tru da part [except handplate ]

184_P1080622xx.jpg

262_P1080623xx.jpg

769_P1080624xx.jpg

767_P1080625xx.jpg

823_P1080629xx.jpg

awesome job on the helmet man. it looks like it sits quite nicely on your head... is there enough room for the padding ? i'm hoping that when i make my recon helmet it turns out as nicely =D

Outlaw-Tiger said:
awesome job on the helmet man. it looks like it sits quite nicely on your head... is there enough room for the padding ? i'm hoping that when i make my recon helmet it turns out as nicely =D

yes it have 1cm+ space :]

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome job, I bow to your prowess.

Did you use fiberglass cloth instead of chopped strand mat? (I see some leftovers in the background). What kind and how well did that work/lay-up for you?

In answer to your question, something to consider.

Esy said:
And now i have one quetion on comunity. Where you cut the tosrso armor to split it into two parts ?
I would cut it at the divot details that look most like latches that rest on your shoulders inline with the front of your neck. The lower cuts would be at the nearly identical details 4-5 polygons back from the front of the underarm supports. Build up a flange to maintain your bodylines and maybe even MacGyver some latches (functional or decorative).

For your consideration,
I have been experimenting with magnetic closures for my armor. I am planning on turning those upper details into a hinge and the lower detals into the magnetic closure. Imagine a pvc pipe NLT 1" cubed with a pair of magnets potted inside with epoxy. Attach the magnet assembly at the joint you will cut by fiberglassing it in place, making it part of the structure. Once cured, cut the latch detail and magnet assembly all at once and the alignment should stay true. Suitable magnet may be found many places online.

My god, that is some of the BEST armor i have ever seen. You have real talent in this. Great job and keep us posted! :D

thegeek said:
Did you use fiberglass cloth instead of chopped strand mat? (I see some leftovers in the background). What kind and how well did that work/lay-up for you?

yes i use cloth but this is little bit matting then others, in next par i must use other.. This is 350g

then i sanded helm and apply filler.. I getting be satisfied.. So look

p1080676xxnh8.jpg

p1080678xxyn0.jpg

p1080677xxwt9.jpg

1 sanding be befor me but i wanna make helm smooth.

Very nice job so far....

Did you run into a issue with the helm warping some... It looks like the chin is a little bit out of whack or its the way the photo was taken..

I built two MC helm before starting my CQB and both was slightly out of whack so I shelved the units until starting the third one...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Daflea @ Dec 21 2008, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'></div>

thx.. its a problem of foto :/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RadioactiV777 @ Dec 21 2008, 01:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'></div>
you can se it on 5th foto from top its a dupli-color acrylate filler in spray

I love seeing new people who have some great work to show off :D VERY nice job so far, im looking forward to seeing this finished.

p0rtalman said:
I love seeing new people who have some great work to show off :D VERY nice job so far, im looking forward to seeing this finished.

and I love to wshowing work for someone who can appreciate it :]

3:34 I go to bed work on NTB :D

here is this day progres

p1080681xxaw9.jpg

Omg your pieces are soooooo clean!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the biceps. How you get it so clean? Those small pieces are killing me!!! (I have huge fingers because I'm a big chinese guy).

Confucious T said:
Omg your pieces are soooooo clean!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the biceps. How you get it so clean? Those small pieces are killing me!!! (I have huge fingers because I'm a big chinese guy).

thx, you must prepare folds before folding by razorblade and must take in mind side where you folding and on this side of paper you must make smal cut by razorblade.. of course by the ruler :]

and the second thing is a reorganize the pep file in some time becaus its unlogicaly unfolded :D

Sean Bradley said:
Somebody wanted some better pics of my completed helmet, so I recently shot some new ones. It seemed kinda a waste just to send to one person, so I thought I'd share them with everybody. Maybe they'll be useful for reference. Let me know what you think or if you have any questions.

Enjoy.

Helmet-1.jpg

Helmet-2.jpg

Helmet-3.jpg

Helmet-4.jpg
looks nice clean work well done
richie

Helmet-5-.jpg

Helmet-6.jpg

Helmet-7.jpg

Helmet-8.jpg

Helmet-9.jpg

Helmet-10.jpg

great job man. your work is excellent! how long have you been working with cosplay and stuff? anyway, keep up the good work! its putting my helmet to shame haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back