Mark VI shins? Grr!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvelous

Jr Member
Hey 405ths,

I've got a quick question for you! How do you guys deal with your shin guards? I'm around 1/2 through my left and am starting to see that unless I split it in two and this may get a bit difficult, fitting-my-foot-through-wise.

Thanks,

Marvelous.

well its a little close for me but, if your trying it with a shoe, thats prolly not a good idea, haha. but if it looks like it fits well and if you think if its bigger then it wouldnt be right, then just split it, everyone fits everything very differently, its all about what works best for you.

depends on how big the shin is and what model.

I can slide my MKVI over my feet but its a tight fit. I broke the bottom edge after a while. They were not glassed that well, but still. I going to guess you making ODST? Those do need to be spit just because they are narrow.

It really depends on your scaling. Many people cut it down the middle and clip it over the leg, while just as many have it so that the piece can be slid over the foot.

I belong to the latter group, but that's more to general laziness. Cutting it works well as long as there's enough room on the inside to clip it back together.

This is NOT an uncommon issue. There will be times that you come across an area where you may not be able to slip a piece on very easily and it WILL require you to figure out how to cut it and make it so that you can reattach the cut piece. Even if the piece has been scaled perfectly, you may still end up having to tweak it so that you can even get it on. The same goes for the MKVI chestplate. People have made threads and flipping out because the neck hole is small and they can't get their head through. Your head is wider than your neck so naturally, it's not going to fit. :p The torso requires it to be cut into a front and back half AFTER hardening.

So, for your shin piece, after you have it all hardened, you will need to figure out how to cut it along the natural lines and figure out how to be able to put the piece back on. You can use clips or even use elastic material so that it just stretches out so you can get it on and then it will just pull back into place. There is no wrong or right way of doing it. You just gotta be creative and work out a way to make it work. :)

I had this ame problem with my shins and if I went any bigger with the shins it would look out of proprtion with the rest of the armor, so I cut the back part out hinged it and used rare eart magnets to keep them closed, it works perfect and when wearing them you cannot tell they are hinged, anyways check out post #98 on page 10 of my Busa build for an idea

http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31037-Hyper-s-Hayabusa-build/page10

if you have any questions PM me I can help if you need any

You should finish the one you have started and try what Longshot did. spin it around to where it looks like you are putting it on backward, try sliding your foot through, then spin it around into the correct position. Hope it works for you buddy.

Got a good grip on the shins. Now that I'm thinking about starting it, does anyone know the correct axis to change when scaling a chest piece?

Also, thanks all for responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back