Mass Effect 2 N7 Breather Helmet wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a pepped form of the helmet laying around for a few months and finally got around to resining and rondoing this morning. I added blue food coloring to the resin to ensure total coverage of paper before rondoing.

Ignore the rondo bleed over on the visor portion of the helmet since that will be removed anyway.
Now all that's left is to detail with a Dremel and some spot putty before the 1st coat of primer.

Which brings me to a bit of a road block, I don't own the game myself and I can't find enough reference pictures for the helmet from the various angles that I need.

So I ask of anyone with the game that knows how to take screen shots to either add them to this thread or email me at Wtfmfkrproductions@Yahoo.com

Thanks for the comments guys and thank you very much Noble 7 for the screens, as many close up ones as you can manage would be a great help.

Not meaning to double post but here is a few shots of the helmet after the first Dremel pass and with the visor roughly cut out.

More updates to come after I get some primer and spot filler on it.

this looks amazing!
im going to be modelling and building my own n7 armour towards the end of the year (female of course haha) so this is totally giving me the inspiration to do it !
cant wait to see it finished :D

Thanks for the support, I noticed the helmet in your avatar the other day and really got spurred on to finish mine.
So thanks for the inspiration as well.

Ive always wanted an N7 Helmet but never had the time!! I hope you make this amazing so ill know what Im missing out on and I might even start my own! Great Job and keep it up!

ahah yeah! its the one from the first game, its sitting in my garage waiting for its final paint job.. but i soo want to build the new one ! yours looks fantastic, are you going to do original colours or custom?

Sorry for the lack of updates over the pat few days, I finally had the funding to buy a can of primer and some spot putty today.
Here is a few pics of the helmet with its first coat of primer before sanding.
Please excuse the bit of a mess on the floor and the sleeping kitten in the background.

I think I may remove the rear "fin" pieces and scratch build some more game accurate ones but we'll see with time.

As always, comments and criticism is appreciated.

I apologize for the double post but it won't let me edit.
If anyone would like to keep up with this as well as my other projects in case the forum goes down as it has been doing recently, you can go to my blog: http://wtfmfkrproductions.blogspot.com
Occasionally I will update there before updating here if anyone wants a first look at the Helmet.

Small update: Three hours of hand sanding and applying spot putty.

Not gonna be happy until it is as smooth as a baby's butt.
Really need to look into a mouse sander.
More to come later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back