Master Chief Helmet Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm working on a master chief helmet and it fist perfectly when its on my head but its kind of tight around my ears when I need to take it off or put it on (I need to bend the helmet to do it which I obviously can't do when its all hardened). I remember someone saying that you can cut the the sides of the helmet around the ears and make a hinge system to make the helmet easier to get on and off but I'm not quite sure how he said to do that.

I can't quite see how actual hinges would work since I can't see how you would be able to hide them. Does anyon have any ideas on how to do it?

Also, do you think I should cut the helmet before or after I harden the inside?

Anyways, let me know what you guys think

so here is the deal, basically what i did was i cut a very thin line off of the bottom of the helmet. def do it before you use the resin. or it will be very difficult, i have seen hinges but cutting it works just as good i think, also way more cost effective and less hard to achieve than the hinges, post some pictures i would love to see how it is coming along..

54102685519137196785203.jpg

54102740119137217040.jpg

See what i mean now?

Oooo I see what you're saying. I already did that and its still a little too narrow. Normally I'd just re-pep it but the size of the helmet really is the right size, I think I just have a weird shaped head :). Got any more ideas?

O silent sanity sorry but I probably won't be able to post any pics, I'm up at school right now trying to graduate in time so I can only work on it on the weekends. Its going to be a slowwww and steady project.

So I was thinking a bit more on this and the way I came up with was to basically cut the whole housing of the lights by the ears off of the helmet. Then to attach the top part of it to the helmet with elastic bands or something similar on the inside of the helmet (this would keep the part attached to the helmet but still allow it to be moved out of place in order to get the helmet on and off). Then magnets could be used to hold the piece in place while wearing the helmet.

what do you guys think about this? It seems like it would work but do you guys know of any other methods? I'd rather go with a tried and true method than work out the kinks on a new one as I go.

let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back