Master Chief Snowboard Helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffinman868

Jr Member
Well snowboard season is approaching soon and it is my life. I really don't want a plain old snowboard helmet i want to be "cool" and have an awesomee helmet. So give me ur input...first pep helmet slightly larger scale, then coat in multiple layers of resin, then maybe plastic coating? the stuff use to makee casts?, then fiberglass inside, then bondo then paint, then visor, then pads and warm materials on the inside.....do you think it would be strong and warm and work?
:D

or will hot glue then plaster work? or will it be fragile?...jsut wondering because i have these available right now

one way you could do that is build your helmet over a snowboard helmet. That's what i did with my first helmet.

iPwned said:
one way you could do that is build your helmet over a snowboard helmet. That's what i did with my first helmet.

i like it! you have any pics? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
here's the link to his building topic
cardboard armor

you'll have to do it over an actual helmet if you want to have the same amount of protection.
rock on fellow snowboarder! (y)
good luck! a mc snowboarding helmet would be pretty sweet. just make sure you have good ventilation or a fan installed so your visor or goggles or whatever you use doesn't fog up too bad. Cat Crap works good too

I wouldn't advise you to make a master chief helmet with a Snowboard helmet, due to safety. If you alter or remove parts of the snowboard helmet, it might break when you fall. Think safety first.

The Mk. VI helmet is for show, not for practical reasons.

ok i might try to make a safe one later but for now i just want a helmet for "show" so is hot glue and plaster a good combo?

the cold could make the helmet brittle and/or fall apart. still, you won't know if you don't try.

muffinman868 said:
ok i might try to make a safe one later but for now i just want a helmet for "show" so is hot glue and plaster a good combo?
PLASTER?! If someone throws a snowball at you, the helmet will crack!
Seriously though, i dont even think it would look cool if you snowboard with a master chief helmet.
If you want to kill yourself, you might as well do it without a helmet.

-FSs

no im talking about for a non snowboard helmet

but my helmet is pretty room and im experimenting with it and i can possiblely fit a regular helmet inside it so technically it will be a stronger helmet than before once i add fiberglass

muffinman868 said:
it will be a stronger helmet than before once i add fiberglass
Actually no. The shape of the helmets has been designed to protect you, if you add complex shapes to the helmet, they are parts wich can shatter and pierce your face when falling down.
It is NEVER recomended to use a a costume or a helmet costume modification as a protective helmet.

I might sound like an ass, but i dont want you to get hurt :(

-FSS

Finnish_Spartan said:
Actually no. The shape of the helmets has been designed to protect you, if you add complex shapes to the helmet, they are parts wich can shatter and pierce your face when falling down.
It is NEVER recomended to use a a costume or a helmet costume modification as a protective helmet.

I might sound like an ass, but i dont want you to get hurt :(

-FSS

I agree 100 percent wih what Finnish is saying here. (O RLY???)

The fiberglass will shatter if fallen on with enough force. They may not necessarily pierce your face but atleast other parts of your body.

Like last spartan said, These helmets are made from paper and fiberglass and bondo. They are not meant for snowboarding or any sport what so ever. Use your helmet because it seems you never made armor before so snowboard helmet is the safe bet.
Edit: Finnish spartan sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back