mawrTRON's Promotional build (Pic/Vid Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawrTRON

Member DIN
S011
:coolIt's been a while and its good to see the ol' 405th is healthy again..

I have decided to build my second suit this time out of foam.
This is what I want it to look like....

My character is becoming iconic amongst my subscribers so I have to make him IRL.
fullbody?target=medium.png

So I recently joined machinima and was thinking of doing a few stunts and things to promote my Halo channel. Like game releases, comicon, music vids etc.

The problem is no one has made the Halo 4 multiplayer Mk6 chest piece, LG 50 BULK's (Best legs ever), Defender helmet or defender shoulders.

I have attempted the chest without pepakura but the legs will have to be modelled I think, so if any one is up for it I am more than happy to flick some money your way for a bit of modelling.

Thoughts and advise please!

Peace
mawrTRON

Below are pictures/vids of my old and new builds

Old...

Old..
39228_1546883190467_2718122_n.jpg

Old...
39228_1546883270469_3654383_n.jpg

New...
1013958_10201207202800597_1339874221_n.jpg

New...
1013371_10201207201640568_1595505859_n.jpg

New..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a top notch modeller~ all i need is some good ref imaging, other than that..holy crap! Your build is looking awesome so far!!!

I feel the chest is a little bit out. But not enough for people to not recognise it. Not bad considering there is no files for that chest piece... Hand sketched 100%..
I originally started making the Master Chief MK6 assuming it was the same as the multiplayer one.. I was so wrong..
Who has the best hand plate files to use at the mo?

Wow that is amazing, I am impressed at how well that piece looks especially from scratch, can't wait to see how the rest of this armor turns out!

looks good so far. the pecs each apear to be 1 piece did you heat them up to shape it? ive never worked with foam so im not sure on how you guys do some of the stuff you do.

looks good so far. the pecs each apear to be 1 piece did you heat them up to shape it? ive never worked with foam so im not sure on how you guys do some of the stuff you do.

Foam is the way to go for sure. My first suit was fibreglass and pep. It would be hard to do that in my London flat!

The chest is mostly one piece chopped into 3 sections. I have only heated them a little bit at the moment but I am planning on a proper heat treatment before I paint to finalise the shape of it.

I still dont understand why the have the old version of the mk 6 available in multiplayer, but not in campaign, awesome armor nevertheless

I still dont understand why the have the old version of the mk 6 available in multiplayer, but not in campaign, awesome armor nevertheless

Maybe they are doing it as a Halo 3 Throwback... I mean you can't the campaign helm MK6 in multiplayer either...

You could imagine my horror when I started to make the Campaign MK6 chest and then realised when I jumped online that my character look completely different....:(

The problem is no one has made the Halo 4 multiplayer Mk6 chest piece, LG 50 BULK's (Best legs ever), Defender helmet or defender shoulders.

And you are wrong, well at least for one part, because I remembered right after seeing that, that hey ! I had this helmet laying in my database fo a while :p why not find where I got it to help this tallented guy ! :p S

So here I am giving you the link to the most usefull place you could hang around right now :p the 405th pepekura database !!! :) enjoy !

http://www.4shared.com/folder/CCB_6QwQ/405th_Pepakura_Database.html

And you are wrong, well at least for one part, because I remembered right after seeing that, that hey ! I had this helmet laying in my database fo a while :p why not find where I got it to help this tallented guy ! :p S

So here I am giving you the link to the most usefull place you could hang around right now :p the 405th pepekura database !!! :) enjoy !

http://www.4shared.com/folder/CCB_6QwQ/405th_Pepakura_Database.html

I used to hang there all the time! Defender wasn't there last time I looked that wasn't too long ago... Hmmmm now to track down LG-50 Bulks.

I was planning to make the whole helmet from cardstock first, checking the fit, then dismantling and deciding how to cut the foam. Does that seem like a legit plan? or am I being stupid?
Thoughts please!

oh and..

Thank you satchmo, a god amongst men.

1016051_10201220316608434_1368982926_n.jpg

The rogue and this armor seems so far is fantastic! Carry on Sparatan :)

Thanks Seth!

Question... is there any way to convert a .max file to a .3ds for pepakura... I got my friend to make up some files for the LG-50 bulk Shins but I can't open them in pepakura :(

Thanks Seth!

Question... is there any way to convert a .max file to a .3ds for pepakura... I got my friend to make up some files for the LG-50 bulk Shins but I can't open them in pepakura :(

I'm not a modeling wizard, but I think you just have to export the file to pepakura.

Btw, I love your awesome YouTube channel XD

I'm not a modeling wizard, but I think you just have to export the file to pepakura.

Btw, I love your awesome YouTube channel XD
<------ Thanks for checking it out!

Ha awesome...

I got my friend to convert them at his school (He's studying 3D animation).

Heres so pics of his LG-50's hes making up

8c2bc923c644484c98e6b9d44c3ad1e0.png

I have also finished pepping my mock helmet out of paper to check the sizing. It fits quite snugly but when I come to make it from foam I am planning to make it 2 -5 % smaller lets pray it fits

1001872_10201275524988609_1197676336_n.jpg

I also had a plan for my Visor..

So I work for a company which produces large custom digital prints and vinyl I have access to a lot of cool material (not to mention all the free exacto knives and industry grade snap off blades I could ever use)

One material I was looking at is called contravision. What contravision does is allows people to see out of a image but no one can see in.
I can get a small strip of contravision made at work printed red which I could then apply to red plexiglass which I am planning to vacuum form. Which would give a flat red effect as opposed to that plain horrible transparent clear red that looks nothing like the game

So this....
contravision.gif
HAWKEYE-close-up-of-rear-Contravision-film.jpg

+

This

$(KGrHqNHJE4E-lQBrvh(BPv,QwCeeQ~~60_35.JPG
AcrylicT_tint_darkred.jpg

I think the combo of these two things would give a sick 2 tone / high tech dotted effect. Thoughts

Hey if it works would any one be down for some contravision? I could print what ever colour you need and send them!

You do need mad vinyl skills (like me) to apply it to a curved surface though..

that is an awesome idea to colour visors,
Just a question though How well would it conform to odd angles? Most of the windows I see that product on are flat so I'd imagine the visor surface would induce rippling in the contravision

that is an awesome idea to colour visors,
Just a question though How well would it conform to odd angles? Most of the windows I see that product on are flat so I'd imagine the visor surface would induce rippling in the contravision

Any basic curve (like a motorbike visor) should be able to be achieved easily if you start from the centre of the visor and work it out carefully with a hair dryer or heat gun. I have done curved windscreens on cars like this before.
I bet the n00b in the video couldn't do that.
As for my helmet, here is the key... I am planning to apply the contravision before I vacuum form it. I have used this technique with other vinyl so the is no reason it wouldn't work with contravision.

Heres hoping anyway

Update time!

Firstly thank you to any one who subbed to my channel, I just got accepted into machinima. So pretty stoked about that.

Secondly I have received all the LG-50 bulk files and I must say they have come out quite well --- If you want them PM me

c0bc3a20b7e873fe1f00c79e46a553c1.png

Thirdly I have made the shins and feet they just need a bit of tidying up, I have also added additional details to the chest piece.

14135_10201580695217674_115906551_n.jpg

Will keep you all posted.... Not that you care any how but screw it!

Incredible build thusfar! Great job on the MK.VI Chest piece and the Defender helmet! Everything is just so well made, haha.

Quick question though; For your shin/ boot armor, are you using thinner EVA foam or foamies? The edges are so amazingly clean!

dude this looks amazing so far, you do excellent work mawr. What is that material your using though, it doesn't look like any foam I've seen? The way it comes out so clean and "rounded" almost looks like fondant for cakes lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back