TurboCharizard

RXO and BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Member DIN
S068
What is it you ask?
MAYHEM II: MORE BRUTES?
Now I appreciate repeating the title but in a larger font with bold on likely doesn't help but this is a thing that definitely needs written impact.
MORE BRUTES?
1616798524742.png

Thank you Recon Assassin for the cool graphics!

Yes that's right, we're doing another build challenge stream with free patterns that everyone can follow along at home with! You've seen it before, a collection of crafters all attempting to build the same prop using whatever techniques they see fit all in one sitting, first to complete the build wins the prize! Everything will be happening on our Twitch channel 405thHalo starting at 10:00AM CDT on April 11th and will end when we've either collapsed from exhaustion or all make awesome props! Yes, it's a race but we'll be helping each other out and taking care of any questions from the builders at home.

Yes, builders at home! We've created some simple patterns that are available for free and cleaned up by our Pepakura wizards ODCA and Spidermonkey60! When all is said and done if you have photos you'd like to share either post them here or tag them with #405thMayhem2 and we'll make sure that the PR Monkeys share as many finished builds as possible!

The rules are simple
  1. Everyone must attempt to build a Brute Plasma Rifle (paint it blue and you are instantly disqualified).
  2. No builder may start before the timer on stream does.
  3. No pre-preparation or building in advance is allowed other than collecting tools and materials into your workspace.
  4. No "Toss a Coin to Your Witcher"
  5. The Winner shall receive 10 (Ten) standardized American Hotdogs
You may have several questions and as is tradition the builders have prepared an FAQ to help shed some light on why they're going through this challenging and chaotic process.

Why the Brute Plasma Rifle? Getting disqualified for making a blue one seems a bit extreme doesn't it?
To answer the second question, yes, it's intentional. Glory to the Red Team. To answer the first, also yes. How many of these do you see in cosplay?​

Can I join the Build Stream?
We will be having several people joining in throughout the day to take part in the conversation, share stories and help with some crafting expertise. This will follow the same rules as always for streams, only Full Members with 50 posts/90 days will be allowed to join in on the "On Air" conversation but everyone is welcome in chat to cheer the crafters on!​

I don't have anything to build with and I don't have any practice making things.
First off, that's a statement. One of the best parts of building with the 405th is that you can build anything using anything. If you like building with LEGO or MegaConstrux, that'd be awesome. If you have some spare cardboard laying around and a roll of duct tape, let's see what you can do! The more props the merrier! Don't forget to share your finished builds with #405thMayhem2 on your social media outlet of choice!​

If you have any other questions feel free to ask our lovely hosts here up until the race starts! We'll see you in stream!

Attachments

• plasma_rifle_full_.pdf
    19.9 KB · Views: 190
  • Mayhem_II_Plasma_Rifle_Blueprints_.pdf
    44.6 KB · Views: 176
  • Mayhem_II_Plasma_Rifle.pdo
    4.3 MB · Views: 204
Last edited:
What If I hum toss a coin to your witcher...

Also, To clarify rule #3:

The only thing that can be prepared beforehand is the printing of templates and gathering of materials. Don't want anyone getting ahead of the pack.

ZettaiKagerou no starting early this year :lol:
Lieutenant Jaku I do plan on beating you this year if you plan on joining in again! I may have won the stream race but if I remember correctly you beat me by 15 minutes last year.

Its all about friendly competition though!

As winner of Mayhem I, I will pay it forward though and add an additional 20 standardized uncooked American Hotdogs to the prize pool to the first on stream winner! so be sure to get signed up for the stream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back