Mb's Odst Build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcuthbert

Jr Member
howdy and greetings from alabama. i have built stuff from scratch before. the kashyyyk trooper from star wars was my first helmet and armor sculpt. i was looking for something new to sculpt and some people from my 501st garrison said do the halo odst helmet armor. i am building the odst armor and helmet from pep files i found on here. i did not want ot post progress pics yet but i have a few questions so i thought why not. here is the pep file for the helmet i am going for the weta version. i have it put together and fiberglass and the very start of the bondo. i was hoping to have it more in shape be for posting WIP shots. but what are you going to do?? i am using the pep file as a armature for the sculpt.

i need a link for the neck and back armor. i have searched and searched and still cannot find a live link for download.

thanks

tom

here is my jacked up pep file. LOL! got a long way to go.

001-69.jpg

yes the leaves are custom.

002-77.jpg

first layer of bondo. get the basic shape and go from there to carve detials once the overall shape is there.

003-69.jpg

wow, starting to look good so far! I really like the leaf effects. :pJK

Serious though, I'm looking forward to you sculpting the details in.

As for the neck collar and back armor, I think this is what you're looking for?

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18606&st=0

This thread has just about everything for the ODST armor (in game version). SKG has a thread based on the Weta version on the forums as well.

Hope this helps. Keep it up bud!

thanks, i have been looking through that thread and still have not found it. i will someday. as far as the helmet. i get the helmet to the basic shape. get all the corners and edges right then start adding the detail pieces.

well here is the next set of pics of the helmet and the start of the collar and the back plate. still ain't looking like much yet.........

009-23.jpg

010-14.jpg

011-12.jpg

012-9.jpg

008-24.jpg

thanks. it does not look like much yet. i use the pep file as a armature and sculpt of that. the next wip post will show the helmet start to come together.

wow, youre moving pretty fast. How did the helmet originally get pressed in the first place?

nice fix with the bondo

dang, that's nice. How/what did you build your torso piece out of? I'm workin on one, but i dont know what to use to prevent major warping...

The Neck peice looks good but i noticed that the Helm's chin is a little tucked in. other than that i really like the visor because its pretty close to in game.

thanks, the torso is just a manniquin i found and i use for making armor.

on the helmet chin, i am going to add chin part and the 2 jowels pats.

001-69.jpg

your jaw peice looks like it got pressed in, along with the top. Which no longer is a problem, You've worked it out with body filler so your good to go

oh i get it, you are making fun of my pep building!!! just kidding. yeah i don't put alot of time into the pep because i have to cut out parts and redo all the details anyways. so i kinda rush the pep model and start sculpting once i have it together.

well ,i am doing the symmetry dance on the helmet. i had to cut out the right side to make it like the left and on the back i am having to build it out to match the other side. i got a little further on the back plate and just started on the viser. i hate my manniquin because it has a twist to it. i started on the backpack but the pep file is too big so i am having to trim it down once i get the pep file together.

still alot of work to do.

001-70.jpg

002-78.jpg

003-70.jpg

004-65.jpg

005-51.jpg

006-41.jpg

Everything is looking great so far bungle... it's beginning to look like we're going to see another awesome ODST suit! :)

Do you plan to vacuum form the visor?

(love your Biker Scout suit, as seen in your avatar).

thanks guys. i plan to vacform the viser and the simpler parts of the armor. the more complex armor parts will be made of resin because you do not get the detail i want with the vacform table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back