Mc Bucket To Bike Helm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronster

Living at Texas State, I've found that sometimes I wish I had a bike. It'd sure help considering my girlfriend is living on the top of the hill and I'm way at the bottom...

How strong would a pull of Smooth-Cast 300 (or 310, 320, etc.) be? Hard enough to withstand the impact from a fall? Could it be used in place of a bike helmet with proper padding?

If not, is there a way to reinforce the helmet to ensure safety?

Thanks!

Ronster said:
Living at Texas State, I've found that sometimes I wish I had a bike. It'd sure help considering my girlfriend is living on the top of the hill and I'm way at the bottom...

How strong would a pull of Smooth-Cast 300 (or 310, 320, etc.) be? Hard enough to withstand the impact from a fall? Could it be used in place of a bike helmet with proper padding?

If not, is there a way to reinforce the helmet to ensure safety?

Thanks!

No. That would make you a Darwin Award candidate. Forget about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, you need to remember that even though in Texas you can ride a bike with no helmet, wearing a helmet not designed for biking can actually do MORE harm than good from what ive always been taught.

mightymints said:
Also, you need to remember that even though in Texas you can ride a bike with no helmet, wearing a helmet not designed for biking can actually do MORE harm than good from what ive always been taught.

how could wearing a padded piece of plastic around ur skull during a fall ever possibly harm u more than smashing ur skull directly against concret? If there are no helmet laws, then i would say hell yeh to wearin ur Mk VI

Last edited by a moderator:
One example, it could cause your head to jar in such a way that it breaks your neck, rather than taking the impact. Remember, helmets are designed to absorb an impact. Which is why even if you drop a helmet, you should replace it (safety helmet). The internals that take the force of the impact can only arbsorb energy once. Another thing is that, putting stickers on a helmet can also actually weaken it.

I know it sounds crazy, but its what ive always been taught when going between sports.

The plastic could fragment as well, leaving you with shards of it in your head, eyes, etc. In any case it's not a smart idea and we shouldn't really be talking about it.

If people are really serious about a Halo style helmet for bikes try talking to one of the companies that makes the real safety helmets, I doubt they'd do anything but that's about the only safe option for doing one that I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back