MC Helmet UPDATED: "11/03/07"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeronifty

Jr Member
Hey everyone,

Thought it might be about time I provided a few pics of my helmet that im making. Criticism is welcome

And no cracks about how I have a HUGE head cause I know.....lol

10/24/07

P1010013-2.jpg

11/02/07
Been a while since I updated, got swamped with things at work and had to juggle my time. I reworked the chin outward alittle more and I think it looks alot better now

P1010002-2.jpg

P1010007-1.jpg

11/03/07

The Sculpt is done! I needed to just set everything down and finally say it was done because if not I would be working on this for months to come. Going to be doing the mold very very soon.

P002.jpg

P0005.jpg

smilie120 said:
AWSOME! Colu turn out to be another blurealm! :) Looks good so far!

Thanks for the complement but I dont think I am anywhere near Bluerealms level of detail, His helmet is awesome in its attention to detail

Last edited by a moderator:
zeronifty said:
Thanks for the complement but I dont think I am anywhere near Bluerealms level of detail, His helmet is awesome in its attention to detail

Ahem! Youve only just started who knows what it could turn out like? Il admit bluerealms is probrably the best weve ever seen! But there might be somone who could set that bar a litl higher? Or maybe not Br's is alomost identical :). Look's amazing for a start though, il be watching to see how this turns out! Good luck!

Although its rough, to your eyes it looks not too great, but in ours its the start of one great helmet. Keep doing a good job!

thats one handy thing working with clay if u mess it up u can slap some more on and trie again wished i thort of it my self
instead of using stainles steel mesh for the skell of it and then fiberglasing it for the detale to be done

cant wate to see the finished job

dead-spartan said:
when your almost finished how do you smooth the thing i am about to start something like this but i dont know how.

Just go down to a Hobby or Crafts store and get a Clay sculpting kit, in it should be several tools that help you smooth out surfaces.

I got the wood tools cause they seem to work a little better to me...but that is my opinion

It looks amazing but one bit of advice. For some reason the front looks a little too curved. If I were you I would have started off by attatching the visor with clay on the manequin head you are working on (or whatever you are sculpting on ) then building around it but it looks really nice so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back