MC visor recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptPineapples

Hey Guys! Alright so I'm a new member to the scene of the 405th and am in the process now of folding and gluing my first pep MC helmet from 4/5. One question I have, I have many but I'll save those for a later time, is how do I do the visor for the helmet to make it look really accurate with the inset design in the center and color?

Please take time, search and read the forums or even Google/YouTube - there are MANY same threads concerning visors, so I don't really see a point in making yet a new thread.
There are many ways to make a visor, so it's rather up to you what will you choose and go with it.

CP is right, there are a ton of ways to do it.

The issues you need to think about are time, cost and result. As in: How much are you willing to spend? How much time do you have to put into it? What end result do you want?

If you have unlimited funds you could commission one. If you have a bunch of cash and time you could go the dual-layer motorcycle visor route (there is a whole thread on that). If you have a limited budget but time you could use some form of pliable plastic and do your own work-around.

It really depends on what is specific to your needs and means. There is a ton of information here on making visors that should help you once you narrow your parameters a bit.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Thanks for the replies! I have looked and seen the idea of the dual motorcycle visors and going that way with it, I just wanted to know if there were any other recommendations before I went ahead with that method.

If you have the funds to go that route I think it results in an excellent looking visor You may want to look into the hex tint sold by IconProps.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back