Mech Simpit

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcnd fx

hi all , I just bought a new house in TX ,and started a [ mech] simpit in my new shop. ,so the armor is on hold for now .So far ive started the right arm .
P6010004.jpg
and the cab [bushwacker]
P5310005.jpg
lots of fiberglass ahead . so that my excuse

P6030003.jpg
P8230011.jpg

Whoa! a Mech?! thats gonna be sweet!! if i remember "Bushwacker" from MechWarrior 2 and 3, those were awesome games

Simpit = Simulation Cockpit... my guess, for gaming. Which game not sure. There is a collection of SimPits for Mech gaming linked nation wide here in Houston. Pretty interesting subject matter.

PM'ed you Drutus with the Links... don't want to hi-jack the topic.

Love Sim-Pits, maybe once the house thing is settled, I'll build one... most likely a flight Sim though.

Mech Simming

i bought a house right outside of plantersville . the mech theme is the outside . the sims inside is a longsword fighter . the simpit , my game room and movie room take up the second floor of my shop . all 3 are sci-fi themed . well i need a place to display my collection lol !!!!!! more pics. soon

Spase said:
Simpit = Simulation Cockpit... my guess, for gaming. Which game not sure. There is a collection of SimPits for Mech gaming linked nation wide here in Houston. Pretty interesting subject matter.
in answer .... any game you load lol . i have the tesla pod program for the national link game btw

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple things.
First, you have a Mad Cat in your sig, yet your making a Bushwacker? True, they look similar, but the Cat rapes the Bushwacker. I think you should make a Cat instead. Then you need to make an Elemental to run around in and school all these Spartans. ;)

Second, didn't all, or most, of the Mech Sims die when FASA sold out to Wizkids? I read somewhere, I think it was Sarna that they had, when Wizkids jacked up the timeline 80 years into the future. Atleast all the ones that were set up to run the sim and not MechWarrior 4. I know there are some MechWarrior 4 Arcade machines out there still.

Geijin said:
Couple things.
First, you have a Mad Cat in your sig, yet your making a Bushwacker? True, they look similar, but the Cat rapes the Bushwacker. I think you should make a Cat instead. Then you need to make an Elemental to run around in and school all these Spartans. ;)

Second, didn't all, or most, of the Mech Sims die when FASA sold out to Wizkids? I read somewhere, I think it was Sarna that they had, when Wizkids jacked up the timeline 80 years into the future. Atleast all the ones that were set up to run the sim and not MechWarrior 4. I know there are some MechWarrior 4 Arcade machines out there still.
yes your right [ already had my chops busted by my mech group] .. i used to run a madcat online , im kinda melding a few mech types [ mechwarrior/robotec/gundam/ just havin fun with it . i only had 12 ft of space to work with and the bushwacker fit the space better .

Bah, the Bushwacker was gimp. The Mad Cat is the pinnacle of mech development. According the literature, the Mad Cat packs the firepower of the Archer and Warhammer into one mech, and still has better armor and speed. All the Bushwacker did was copy the Black Hawk, with the Wolverines weapons. Plus, the Mad Cat just looks vicious.

As an aside, you really don't have to meld battletech and robotech, since the first generation of battletech used mechs ripped directly from Robotech. Hence why the Phoenix Hawk and Wasp were originally LAMs. They were the original Veritechs. The SDF even made a brief appearance in some of the original art, and the concept of it continued into the WarShips that came and went throughout the story line.

Geijin said:
Bah, the Bushwacker was gimp. The Mad Cat is the pinnacle of mech development. According the literature, the Mad Cat packs the firepower of the Archer and Warhammer into one mech, and still has better armor and speed. All the Bushwacker did was copy the Black Hawk, with the Wolverines weapons. Plus, the Mad Cat just looks vicious.

As an aside, you really don't have to meld battletech and robotech, since the first generation of battletech used mechs ripped directly from Robotech. Hence why the Phoenix Hawk and Wasp were originally LAMs. They were the original Veritechs. The SDF even made a brief appearance in some of the original art, and the concept of it continued into the WarShips that came and went throughout the story line.
thanx i see your another mech geek lol.. i agree with all and your knowledge is right on the money .. and im just being lazy on the cab thats why the bushwacker .. i dont have the room for the legs for a bw or a mad cat so im fittin her with alpha or excal legs .. like i said she aint cannon.. shes mine !but i do wish i had the 30ft i need for a 2 seater madcat . but alas NOT . 2 seater light horse lol .. im starting on the airlock tonight ...

Actually, I have a great amount of respect for what your undertaking. I was refuting BFDesigns assertions that the Bushwacker owns. ;) As far as the knowledge goes, yeah, I'm a bit of a geek on it. I started playing right between Battletech 1st edition and 2nd edition, so almost 20 years ago. I still remember some of the crap when they had to pull out the original 12 designs because the folks that owned the RoboTech trademarks threatened to sue them. Unfortunately, I was unable to get into the new Dark Ages timeline and the Classic BattleTech stuff just isn't as good, so I gave it up. And it doesn't advance the story any, so its just more stuff to sit on a bookshelf and take up space, anyway.

Geijin said:
Actually, I have a great amount of respect for what your undertaking. I was refuting BFDesigns assertions that the Bushwacker owns. ;) As far as the knowledge goes, yeah, I'm a bit of a geek on it. I started playing right between Battletech 1st edition and 2nd edition, so almost 20 years ago. I still remember some of the crap when they had to pull out the original 12 designs because the folks that owned the RoboTech trademarks threatened to sue them. Unfortunately, I was unable to get into the new Dark Ages timeline and the Classic BattleTech stuff just isn't as good, so I gave it up. And it doesn't advance the story any, so its just more stuff to sit on a bookshelf and take up space, anyway.
So you do understand . lol ..i also have a large collection of lets just say ,Giant robot stuff . and sci fi props , The mech is not the original project its actualy an add on to our game room . my wife and i have been planing a total geek game room for years , and the mech was an after thaught .

air lock so far .. the saftey tape is cause my wife keeps bumping her head ,lol ..
P6050007.jpg
cockpit view
P6050006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back