Medabot Model Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so my friend recently got me back into watching the japanese anime "Medabots", and we thought it'd be cool to build a scale model of the main medabot character, Metabee.

DC41040lg.jpg

Now, I've got the ideas down for the model, moving parts etc. All I need is some form of reference to go off, designs, blueprints. I don't have the ability to put together blueprints/designs simply from looking at the pictures of him in the show, and I can't find any good reference pics on the net.

So I had 2 ideas. Either buy a small model of Metabee and design the larger model off that, or see if somebody here had an idea as to how I might acquire some already made blueprints, specifications or designs. Cheers.

P.S. I'll be building pretty much the whole thing out of a light timber, not sure exactly what yet. I was thinking of trying to get somebody to throw together a Pepakura file for me, but I don't think it'd work, as I wouldn't be fiberglassing it, and the model is simply to big to hold together if made of cardstock alone.

I agree with sandy on this. use that model and make it out of cardboard. If you have paid for the designer, you can scale the pep model to any size you want and go from there.

Get your metabee paper craft file from here.
http://paperkraft.blogspot.com/2008/06/robot-papercraft-twansfwormer.html
And use cardboard to build the whole suit.

I don't even know how to download the file, the link takes me to the pepakura website to download the file, but it's all in japanese, I can't work out how to download it...but this is not a costume. This is a model, a full-scale model, and I'm afraid that the moving joints and what-not, all my plans for it, will not work if made from cardboard. I've got EVERYTHING sorted, how I'm going to do the joints, the materials, all of it. Literally ALL I need is a good design/blueprints to work off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back