Mesh - ODST BDU

Hey!

After so long of nothing - mostly because of either work or seizing opportunities with the 501st/MandoMercs, I've trooped in my ODST this weekend!

dE4gdri.jpg

I had a friend ask me about my lower section and how I've made it - turns out I've been chasing Rakshasa before Rakshasa was even a thing :')

My belt section is a PLCE webbing belt and harness. The harness acts as a upper body base for the chestplate and shoulders (eventually backpack too), while the belt supports a lot of items.

EnHmSE2.jpg

As you can see in the picture, there is crotch strapping attached at a single point at the rear, while doubled at the front. These allow for my version of the ODST crotch plate into something more functional.

ORfHRIv.jpg

The belt buckle and loops that the crotch strapping is threaded through are all pulled from a Mk1 parachute harness, the crotch strapping holds the crotch plate in place by pressure.

MI6x0ka.png

The crotch plate itself is actually a rear panel from a pelvic protection system, that I've sewn a new cover for.

mxNKB00.jpg

gSppmDD.png

And finally, the side panels are just MOLLE drop panels that are visually similar to the ODST side panels. It helps with my Rakshasa look and also serves to hide the buckle that the actual drop leg panels attach to.

4xasCkH.jpg

AAHCxpT.jpg

In terms of future upgrades - I'm currently looking at getting some armour pieces 3D printed to slowly upgrade my kit. As I get some disposable income, I'll pick up a new piece and so on.

My upgrade list is as follows -
-Chestplate
-Ab Box
-Shoulder Plates
-Thigh Plates
-Shin Plates
-Backpack

Diolch yn fawr for reading and if anyone has any questions or would like to see more then please let me know :)

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back