Metal Suit of Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you need any advice about metal forming I'm willing to help, this is me...

2007MCSHornFayrebyHelenIves33-2.jpg

This project sounds like its going to rock some socks off. Personally i think that if you dont plan on actually using the armour in uh "action" 14g maight be a bit heavy, however, not knowing exactly where you'll be using that thickness and the fact that you plan on welding support rods (bloody awesome btw) means that i'd be talking out my hooha.
I can, however being that i do have experience (as well as CyberPaddy66) fighting in armour help give advice on rigging the suit to help it float better and allow easy movement. One resource to definitely check out if you havent already is armourarchive.com

can't wait to see pics
Kerberos

This project sounds like its going to rock some socks off. Personally i think that if you dont plan on actually using the armour in uh "action" 14g maight be a bit heavy, however, not knowing exactly where you'll be using that thickness and the fact that you plan on welding support rods (bloody awesome btw) means that i'd be talking out my hooha.
I can, however being that i do have experience (as well as CyberPaddy66) fighting in armour help give advice on rigging the suit to help it float better and allow easy movement. One resource to definitely check out if you havent already is armourarchive.com

can't wait to see pics
Kerberos

thanks for the tips, and glad that you're excited about it unfortunatley i have been sick the past two days which means i avent been working on the suit but hopefully this bug i have will pass and i can get back to doing that

if you dont plan on actually using the armour in uh "action" 14g maight be a bit heavy

Totally agree, for full contact battle ready armour 18G is as thick as you need and I've even fought in 22G armour with little real lasting damage, if your just going to be walking around in the armour then anthing lighter than 22G but not so light you can bend up easily with your fingers is what I'd opt for.

Totally agree, for full contact battle ready armour 18G is as thick as you need and I've even fought in 22G armour with little real lasting damage, if your just going to be walking around in the armour then anthing lighter than 22G but not so light you can bend up easily with your fingers is what I'd opt for.

allright thanks, the 18g will probably do just fine, i was only planning on using 14g in like one spot but i can probably eliminate it

Just though I should share with you what happened when I made my first battle great helm out of 12G... I fell over and couldn't get my face off the floor whilst wearing the helmet DOH!

Just though I should share with you what happened when I made my first battle great helm out of 12G... I fell over and couldn't get my face off the floor whilst wearing the helmet DOH!

that must have been quite a sight but thanks for the story. yeah i was planning on using lighter gauge for the helm anyways and tougher stuff in the chestpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back