Microsoft Shooting For A 300,000 Player Online Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vulture

I found this article, saying that Microsoft is shooting for some kind of game that involves a 300,000 player online experience. I really cant even imagine a game that you COULD have that many people, I mean what kind of game is this?!?! certianly not a FPS (although that would be amazing). The other reason I am pointing this out, is if you look at the bottom of the short article it says,

"What title could possibly require 300,000 players? Or even hope to attract that many?

Hrm. Hmm. How about that fancy Halo project?"

halo? 300,000 people??? maybe halo reach????? The only thing I can even remotely imagine is if it were for halo reach, each person would control 1 crew member on a UNSC capital ship or destroyer or whatever, and the same for the covenant. but I still dont see how that would be practical. 150,000 vs 150,000??? wow. I dont think there were even that many people in the battle for reach, of any battle! I think this may be a joke.

EDIT: sorry, I forgot to attach the article... this is the one I was looking at.
http://kotaku.com/5272297/

if you wanted to get TECHNICAL...Reach had about 700,000 militants killed on he ground :p
Not to mention 5 million more after the Covies glassed it. :rolleyes

I read the fall of reach before a bunch of the other Halo books so I dont remember exactly. Maybe it will be a massive game of matchmaking with 300,000 people in a GoW2 horde type thing or campaign, or maybe a 150,000 vs 150,000 game of team slayer :p haha you never know. Microsoft can pull off some crazy stuff.

Have people forgotten that MMO's do this already? While most likely what MS is going for would be a little different, but MMO's can prove its certainly plausible.

Why not 300,000 UNSC vs. AI combatants in regulated "zones" on the planet, akin to games like Infantry or other such MMOSEUs?

p0rtalman said:
Have people forgotten that MMO's do this already? While most likely what MS is going for would be a little different, but MMO's can prove its certainly plausible.
Thats just what I was thinking. Use an MMO method used on games such as Runescape, or WoW

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be AWESOME! If it were to be the planet of Reach, they would HAVE to add in ships and space stations. Maybe an RPG FPS type thing? Either way, the game they create is gonna be massive.

Cheers,
-John-

Doom said:
MMOFPS anyone?

-Doom

awesome.gif

Awesome.

something in the lines of Tabularasa would be really possible... just hope they implement pvp in a better fashion than the late TR.

Maybe its a game to go with natal, we really don't know. At this point it could be just about anything.

My friend mentioned to me about 2 years ago of a game called "Huxley".
He was like it can have up to 300 people in one game!! (Possibly a misconception of 300,000?

But alas, he didn't know of any release date and was always like "Oh it's coming out this year"
*next year*
"Oh it's coming out this year"
It still hasn't come out, so mabe it's this, or maybe not?

My guess is it's gonna' be an MMORPG, but something like Star Wars BattleFront 2, Halo style would be absolutely EPIC.

~Believer

Just wanted to point out, on the article it looks like a halo project is something the writer suggested, not anything confirmed by Microsoft.

But I would still totally buy whatever game they are making. :D

C 4468 said:
I saw that at E3, it looks awesome, I really want to play that sometime.

Same here. 300,000 players is a lot of people, but it can be done.

A personally think no Halo game or pretty much any FPS should have 300,000 player game.
Thats insane.
This might be for 1 vs 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back