Mid-West Cons 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtdives2424

Division Scheduler and Keeper of Con Lists
Member DIN
S2424
Mid-West: Covering Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North and South Dakota, Ohio and, Wisconsin.

JANUARY:

Name: Anime-ZAP
Date: Jan 6-8 2023
Events: Mainstage Cosplay Contest, Date Auction, Fantasy Cosplay Ball, Anime Rave Dances, Fashion Show, Formal Dance Lessons, Kingdom Hearts Panel, Dante's Guide To Picking Up Women, Origami Related Panels, Con Survival Guide Panels, Video Game Panels, Lolita Fashion Panels, Learn the Hare Hare Yukai, Fanfiction 101, Ponies!, Mock-Combat Battlefield, Square Enix Pairings, Yuri/Yaoi Panels, AMV Tutorials, Old School Anime, Ball Jointed Dolls Discussion, Japanese Ghost Stories, Crossplay Both Ways, Various Anime Screenings, Various Gaming Tournaments, Various Photoshoots, Various Fan Meetups

FEBRUARY:

Name: Ohayocon
Date: Feb 10-13
Events: Signature Events, Panels, Cosplay Expo, Photo OPs, Tabletop and Video Gaming Tournaments, AMV Contest, Special Guests, Exhibits, Vendors, Artists, Swap Meet, Fashin Show.

Name: Anime Milwaukee
Date: Feb 11-13
Events: Signature Events, Panels, Cosplay Expo, Photo OPs, Tabletop and Video Gaming Tournaments, AMV Contest, Special Guests, Exhibits, Vendors, Artists, Swap Meet, Fashin Show.

Name: EvilleCon
Date: March 18-20 2022
Events: Panesl, Karaoke, Dungeon Delving 101, Canadian Gameshow, Q&A, Cosplay, Anime Dating Game-show, Maid Cafe, Cosplay Chess, Cosplay & Cosplay Contest, Pokeparty and a whole lot more.

Name: Anime Detour
Date: March 18-20
Events: Art Show, Artists Alley, Cosplay and Cosplay Contest, Charity Auction, Dealers, Gaming, Room Parties, Video Game Rooms, Screening.

Name: No Brand Con
Date: April 22-24 2022
Events: Artists, Vendors, Panels, Cosplay and Cosplay Contest, Anime Room, No Mercy Room, Gaming Lounge, Tabletop and Video Games, AMV Contest, Nerd Auction, Dance, Puzzle Hunt, Lip Sync Battle

Name: OZ Con
Date: April 22-24 2022
Events: Anime, Cosplay and Cosplay Events, MTG, Warhammer, Warmachine, RPG.

Name: Imagicon
Date: April 29-May 1 2022
Events: Guests, Panels, Games, Cosplay, Room Block, Vendors.

Name: Great Lakes Comic Con
Date: Feb 25-26
Events: Exhibitors, Vendors, Guests, Collectibles, Raffles, Cosplay and Cosplay Contests.

APRIL:

Name: Uchi-Con
Date: April 2
Events: Cosplay Contests, Photo Booth, Cafe, Gaming, Karaoke, Anime Screening, Anime Bingo, Meetups, Silent Auctions, Film Screening, Artist Alley, Panels.

Name: Animarathon
Date: April 2-3
Events: Panels, Cosplay Contests, Kawaii Kafé, Artist's Alley, Anime Screenings, Special Guests, Tabletop and Video Games, Rave, and much more.

Name: Cape Anime
Date: April 2-3
Events: Cape Comic Con featured 3 days of professional comic book artists, publishers, and over 130 tables of comics and merchandise for fans of all genres to enjoy. Fans from all over the region come in costume to celebrate with us.

Name: Ratha Con
Date: April 9
Events: Vendors, Artists, Cosplay and Cosplay Contest, Workshops, Art Exhibit, Quidditch Tournament.

Name: Indiana Comic-Con
Date: April 15-17
Events: Indiana Comic Con is Indianapolis’ largest, true comic con. Featured are exhibitors that cater to a wide-spectrum of interests including comic books, magazines, toys, games, Star Wars, Star Trek, anime, manga, cosplay, artwork, sketches and apparel. In addition, a roster of comic industry professionals, and comicdom-related celebrities are in attendance for attendees to meet and greet.

Name: Planet Comicon
Date: April 22-24
Events: Guests, Photo OPs, Autographs, Cosplay and Cosplay Contests, Masquerade Parade, Tabletop and Video Games, Exhibitors, Artists Alley, After Hours Events.

MAY:

Name: Motor City Comic Con
Date: May 13-15
Events: Exhibitors, Cosplay and Cosplay Contests, Gaming, Panels, Q & A, Photo OPs, Sat Night Bash (Appetizers, DJ, Cash Bar).

Name: Anime Central
Date: May 20-22
Events: Anime Central (ACen) is the largest anime, manga and Japanese popular culture convention in Chicago and the Midwest. ACen happens once a year in the Spring (around April or May) less than 30 minutes from downtown Chicago, in Rosemont, IL.

As part of its mission, ACen brings fans together with guests from the Japanese and US sectors of the anime and manga industry, as well as gaming, cinema, and Asian culture personalities. The event includes a huge exhibit hall, a massive video game room, concerts, dances, educational panels and workshops, premiere screenings, autograph sessions, 24-hour video rooms, tabletop gaming and much, much more!

Name: CoreCon X
Date: May 26-29
Events: Charity Events, Art Show, Cosplay and Cosplay Contests, Games, Guests.

Name: Cherry Capital Comic Con
Date: May 27-29
Events: Exhibitors, Artists Alley, Game Room, Panels, Cosplay and Cosplay Contests, Garry Reed Award, Art Auction, Karaoke Party, C4 After Hours Events: VIP 21+

JUNE:

Name: Do-Dah Parade
Date: June 4
Events: Do-Dah Parade started in 1984, when WKMI organizers designed the parade as a way for companies and organizations to provide unique entertainment through a parody. It was patterned after the Pasadena, California Parade called Doo Dah. The purpose remains the same – use a parody to create a laughable and fun parade that will create conversation. Each year, participants are challenged to reinvigorate the meaning of “Do-Dah” (a parody based on a spoof or a satire of a person, place, event or thing). The parade has been part of the Kalamazoo landscape for 35 years. It's a tradition and it is the funniest parade.
Here’s how we have recreated Do-Dah – it’s a reverse. As a parade unit you stand still, everyone else walks or bikes by you to see your business/organization display. But, the “cool factor” is that you are safe with your fellow employees in a designated section. Parade viewers walk by or bike (there are two sides one for walkers and one for bikers) and they can view your parade display. You stand and wave.

Name: Smallville Comic-Con
Date: June 18-19
Events: Guests, Photo OPs, Cosplay and Cos[play Contests, Vendors, Exhibitors,

History: The creation of the Smallville ComicCon was the result of a lot of hard work and a series of fortunate events.
The initial inspiration came from three comic book fans; Ben Eisiminger, KC McNeely, and Chris Wietrick. They recognized similarities between the City of Hutchinson, Kansas and the fictional City of Smallville, Kansas – the boyhood home of Clark Kent, alter ego of Superman. The three began a grassroots campaign to have Hutchinson recognized as the official Smallville, Kansas.

JULY:

Name: Gem City Comic Con
Date: July 23-24
Events: Guests, Dealers, Exhibits, Artists Alley, Comic Books, Cosplay

AUGUST:

Name: Gen Con
Date: Aug 4-7
Events: Gen Con is the original, longest-running gaming convention in the world!
Founded in 1968, Gen Con hosts the largest consumer hobby, fantasy, science fiction, and adventure game convention in North America. With 500 exhibiting game companies, award-winning authors and artists, vibrant costumes, thousands of events, family entertainment, food trucks, a beer garden, and the debut of hundreds of exciting new games, Gen Con truly is The Best Four Days in Gaming™.
attention of long-time Superman fan, Jon Robinson. Interested in their efforts, Jon provided support and loaned his original handmade costumes inspired by the Man of Steel movie toward the cause.
The effort succeeded and on June 21, 2013, through mayoral decree, Hutchinson was renamed Smallville, Kansas for a single day. On this same day, Superman was inducted into the Kansas Hall of Fame as the most recognized “Kansan” within pop culture. Jon was invited to attend the induction ceremony within the State’s Capital with his family, all wearing their Man of Steel

Name: Chicago Comic EXPO aka C2E2
Date: Aug 5-7
Events: Comic Guests, Entertainment Guests, Literary Guests, Charity Art Show, Panels, Screening, C2E2 Live, Cosplay, Family Events, Artists Alley, Exhibitions, Panels.

Name: Matsuricon
Date: Aug 12-14
Events: Guests, Charity Events, Tabletop and Video Gaming, Cosplay, Dances, Formal Ball, Photo OPs, Video Events.

SEPTEMBER:

Name: Cincinnati Comic EXPO
Date: Sept 23-25
Events: Artists, Alley, Film/TV Guests, Cosplay and Cosplay Contest, Vendors, Exhibitors, Star Wars Zone, Star Cars and Props, Autographs, Photo OPs, Q & A, Blood Drive, Gaming, Geek Prom, Kids Zone, Sci-Fi Speed dating, Workshops, Panels.

Name: Ramencon
Date: Sept 30- Oct 2
Events: Vendors, Exhibitors, Cosplay, Panels, Dealers, Artists, Gaming; Table Top and Arcade, Screening, Cosplay

Name: Siouxpercon
Events: Cosplay, Panels, Q&A, Board/RPG/Video Gaming, Wrestling, Guests, Exhibits, Vendors, After Hours Events (18+)

Name: Archon 45
Events: Panels, Charity Events, Children's Activities, Minatures, Filking, Games, Masquerade, Film Festival, Art Show and Auctions, Writer's Workshop, Reading Groups, Night Dancing, Hallway Costume Contest, Room Parties, Guest of Honor, Guest Stars, Artist Alley.

Name: Cape Comic Con
Date: Sept 30 - Oct 2
Events: Cape Comic Con featured 3 days of professional comic book artists, publishers, and over 130 tables of comics and merchandise for fans of all genres to enjoy. Fans from all over the region come in costume to celebrate with us.

EVENTS CLOSED PERMANENTLY:

Name: Animatic Con
Events:

Closed, Thank You All​

Aug 2021 – I can’t begin to explain the level of appreciation I feel when I think of Animatic Con, it’s staff, vendors, all the way down to you, the attendees. I recall wanting to make a difference in the convention scene and put together an event that would not only be something fun to attend, but would serve a higher purpose. I wanted an event that recognized autism was here in this community. Many of the attendees would have an even better time if someone found a way to remove those limitations they may face. So, through my wife, and a fellow friend, we created what would become Animatic Con.
Looking back I would have never imagined you would respond the way you did to our event. You supported our cause, you showed up in numbers, and you played a key part in putting the puzzle together! From your amazing cosplay, to your friendliness, all the way down to just being you! Animatic Con was alive because of the people who care about it the most, all of us. One thing we never expected was a virus that would change the world, Covid-19 showed up and knocked on the worlds door. It changed everything, from shutting down temporarily, to going out of business for many. We all hurt, not just business’ but individuals as well. This community, was no longer able to gather and enjoy what we love.
June 1st, 2021 the governor of Ohio removed all mandates and thus green lighting Animatic Con 2021. We were excited, driven, and ready to bring you the same level of fun we tried to deliver year after year. 2021 took place and you all showed up, we were packed more than we ever could have thought possible during a pandemic. You once again came out to support us, be part of something we all love, and just have an amazing time, even if a pandemic was going on. We did our best to do it safely!
Now the dust settles, and I find myself looking at the future and trying to figure out how Animatic Con fits into the schedule next year, questioning if there is even a chance of a next year, or would we just be postponed again. Through hotel talks, looking at dates, and finding out where other shows are going to fall in 2022, we found ourselves between a rock and a hard place. Honestly there was no real date that allowed Animatic Con to truly happen in 2022. The current situation with the delta variant and covid itself also continued to knock on our door.
As of Friday August 20, 2021 the board of Animatic found itself faced with a question we truly didn’t want to consider. We know what this event means to all of you, it means just as much to us. In my feelings I want to move forward, but as a business sadly I had to look at the deck that was stacked against us. Friday we held a vote that would impact the future of Animatic Con. We will not go into the details of who voted what, but at the end of the day, we each made a tough decision. The majority vote was cast and on that night Animatic Con officially closed its doors.
You all have been amazing, we truly appreciate your support, love, and friendship. I know some of you will wonder if someone else could take over and make it continue, sadly the truth to that is no, because the event would no longer be what is. It would change, the Animatic you know, would just be a part of our past. I would rather us go out on a high note, and know that what we as a group did made a difference even if for just a little while.
I know this news is not what you want to hear, honestly it’s one of the hardest things to have to tell you, I want us all to remember what Animatic Con stood for, and what it did for us. I know some of you are going to be upset, and some may even be angry, I expect it. Please know this decision was not made lightly.
Thank you,
Brent Filipkowski
Animatic Con Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back