Mini Hog!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbio555

Hello all, and welcome to yet another oh so nooby thread with your host, bobbio555. This week a new project was assigned to us in design and tech, to make a car out of 25 cm X 25 cm of hardboard, 2 61 cm X 1 cm long sticks, some hot glue, and some pop cans as wheels. So, having brought my treasured Halo Encyclopedia to school (gotta love it :D) I grabbed it, and began planning out how I would go about creating a mini hog. This will be somewhat of a tutorial, but mostly it's just a step by step demonstration of what I've done to create the hog.

Step 1 (Planning): So, my plan is, make a super low detail model of a warthog, unfold it in pepakura, print it out, glue the paper to the hardboard, and cut out the pieces using the saw thingy (I have no idea what any of the power tools are called :S) So I began making the 3D model in google sketchup.

hood.jpg

That is as far as I got. Google sketchup is fine for the most part, except for the constant rotating of parts to make them face the right direction.

So I downloaded the warthog pep off of the costuming wiki, and took off all the stuff I'll be using sticks for.

Step 2 is getting permission, which, due to the fact that we had a substitute, I was unable to obtain, although I'm sure that the aesthetic is not something which must abide to the rules set in place for the project. Unfortunately, the next time that our class has D&T is on day 3, so you'll have to wait until Monday for further updates. Until then, peace out dawgs.

hi

nice idea

I will surely follow it

I'm handy with wood

can imagine what it will look

greetings stefan

Haha! That sounds cool!!!

I want to get the remote control warthog so I can annoy the crap out of my dog, lol.

Please post progress pics of this so call, "Mini Hog"

-Pony

ACDCrockr209 said:
Haha! That sounds cool!!!

I want to get the remote control warthog so I can annoy the crap out of my dog, lol.

Please post progress pics of this so call, "Mini Hog"

-Pony

Have you see the remote control Mongoose and Hornet?

Can't wait to see more of your progress Bobbio

Last edited by a moderator:
Update 1:

Today I finished the plans for the warthog, without the use of any reference pics. O_O So without further ado, the pix!

DSC01057.jpg

DSC01059.jpg

DSC01060.jpg

I've decided that rather than using pepakura, I'll be drawing out the pieces on hardboard, cutting them out, then gluing them together. Moar updates on thurdsday.

Tango 89er said:
Have you see the remote control Mongoose and Hornet?

Off-topic

The Hornet looks stupid, but the Warthog is fun. Haven't gotten the Mongoose.

Bobbio-

This looks like an interesting project, I can't wait for more =D!

Well, I have been working on this thing, and I have been taking pics, but for some reason, now my phone won't allow me to upload pics to my computer. It just says "Removable Disk (F:)", then when I click it it says "Please insert a disk into drive F:." My phone's a sony ericsson W580I. Does anyone know of any way I could fix this? Until then, I'll try and find a way to get my camera to work...

Try shutting the phone off.

Also, maybe you should make the roof part about half the size it is in your drawings. It looks ridiculously disproportionate right now. Just my opinion, not meant to be offensive.

Theron 113 said:
Try shutting the phone off.

Also, maybe you should make the roof part about half the size it is in your drawings. It looks ridiculously disproportionate right now. Just my opinion, not meant to be offensive.

This late in the build I can't really do that... But I definitely agree. Unfortunately, the phone still isn't cooperating...Once again, I'll try to get pics somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back