Mjolnir Gen2 Copperhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropbear

I am looking for a Foam file of the helmet of the Mjolnir Gen.2 Copperhead (Olympia Vale's armor) I can only find one pepakura file but its not for foam :(

Also being a guy I doubt it's a big deal that this armor doesn't really have a male example/counterpart.

This is for me second project after my ODST armor is finished and I am happy with it. Just planning ahead.

Here is Pretzel's full foam armor unfold - https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B-iJEI9N-pHWT2sxcm40eVRoNFE

And here is male counterpart. It exists :p

H5-Waypoint-Copperhead.png

H5-Waypoint-Copperhead.png

All I have to say is good luck, it is so detailed it is going to be pretty difficult to get all that detail. I inherited a small copperhead helmet that was 3D printed and even that is a lot to do haha. If I find anything ill let you know, though!

worst case scenario find a Metroid helmet and add clay to it, then mold it for yourself and good luck friend

All I have to say is good luck, it is so detailed it is going to be pretty difficult to get all that detail. I inherited a small copperhead helmet that was 3D printed and even that is a lot to do haha. If I find anything ill let you know, though!

Hahah yes thanks. I know it will be hell but if I get it done it will be so worth it! I won't be starting for a few months but its going to be stressful build I have no doubt.

You can make a foam template from the existing pepakura file you have. I did so with the files I had for my Halo 3 Mark VI. Yeah foam templates already exist but I didn't find them when I was building so I made my own. I looked at what others had done in photos and repeated the process to reduce the number of pieces and seperate what is detail and what is the core structure.

Yeah, it's unfolded for pepakura only, so you'd have to unfold yourself, or use existing file for foam... Or best, just make it in pepakura. Most people use to make armor out of foam and helmet out or resin.

Yeah, it's unfolded for pepakura only, so you'd have to unfold yourself, or use existing file for foam... Or best, just make it in pepakura. Most people use to make armor out of foam and helmet out or resin.

That's probably what I am gonna do. But I need to learn on an easier helmet first. What do you suggest?

That's probably what I am gonna do. But I need to learn on an easier helmet first. What do you suggest?

You do not want to ask me for suggestions in that area.
I went with a very complicated thing for a start instead of going for something easy. XD

Yeah, in fact I did (and still doing) Scout as my first... So, I'd seriously say and suggest you go an make the Copperhead helmet. Why? Even if first attempt doesn't work out, you will know how do do it better next time, because you've already pepped it once.

Yeah, in fact I did (and still doing) Scout as my first... So, I'd seriously say and suggest you go an make the Copperhead helmet. Why? Even if first attempt doesn't work out, you will know how do do it better next time, because you've already pepped it once.

That's a good way to look at it. Time to go get cardstock and learn.. Problem being 110lb cardstock is not in lbs here but in gsm (grans per square metre) which I'm not sure which one is equivalent to 110lb cardstock. Also I have a lot of PVA glue so shouldn't be a problem glueing haha

That's a good way to look at it. Time to go get cardstock and learn.. Problem being 110lb cardstock is not in lbs here but in gsm (grans per square metre) which I'm not sure which one is equivalent to 110lb cardstock. Also I have a lot of PVA glue so shouldn't be a problem glueing haha

It's about 175gsm.
I personally use 250gsm.

Well, I don't mind cutting it, it isn't that much worse, but it's more stable. ^^'
From what I see, you'll need most time with top of the helmet to make it round and smooth.

Well, I don't mind cutting it, it isn't that much worse, but it's more stable. ^^'
From what I see, you'll need most time with top of the helmet to make it round and smooth.

Yeah of course. Its a bit difficult trying to find the australian equivalent to all the materials I need.

I found the fibreglass resin that i'd need. (do most people use polyurethane based? Because this one is polyester based) - https://www.bunnings.com.au/diggers-500g-fibreglass-resin_p1565601 + the catalyst is on there too.
I also found the woven fibreglass of the same brand
Can't find bondo though.

Yeah, it's the most commonly used resin.
You might have more luck searching for 'body filler' because bondo is a brand.

Also, if you're living in a city - why not go to DIY store? They have both resin and bondo you could buy everything locally. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back