Mjolnir Mark IV Armor Build - 3D printing

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I found out that the issue I was having was caused by a line in my G-code that was not recognized by my printer. It is now working as it should and I was able to finish printing the chest plate. until I get some epoxy and spot putty, I'm just using hot glue to hold it together. since the side pieces and ab piece make up the whole chest plate it's difficult to tell exactly how big it will be with just the main plating but it will be considerably larger than the old armor.

View attachment 302410View attachment 302411
View attachment 302408
Looks like there may be more room for forward arm movement with this chest peace which is my only beef with the Mark IV armor.

Looks like there may be more room for forward arm movement with this chest peace which is my only beef with the Mark IV armor.
There are still some limitations mainly to preserve the overall proportions. I tried to get it off the shoulders as much as possible. I only have myself for fitting reference and I don't really have a broad chest so for a person with a more average build this may seem a little small across the chest. I tried to preserve the vertical coverage down the chest, as you can kinda see in the photo's of the old armor it barely comes down onto my ribs and was still to big across even being scaled down and printed by almost 15%.

Part of the design is that this is that with padding this won't sit directly against your chest which will also improve movement. I also made it a little thicker to allow for some infill this will let it bend a little without breaking. The old armor was to thin for any infill and ended up cracking in multiple places. the independent should and sides also allow for some give.

145296620_133983268497957_1202839322180740139_n.jpg
146229042_1091242301300467_6463238995363403152_n.jpg

There are still some limitations mainly to preserve the overall proportions. I tried to get it off the shoulders as much as possible. I only have myself for fitting reference and I don't really have a broad chest so for a person with a more average build this may seem a little small across the chest. I tried to preserve the vertical coverage down the chest, as you can kinda see in the photo's of the old armor it barely comes down onto my ribs and was still to big across even being scaled down and printed by almost 15%.

Part of the design is that this is that with padding this won't sit directly against your chest which will also improve movement. I also made it a little thicker to allow for some infill this will let it bend a little without breaking. The old armor was to thin for any infill and ended up cracking in multiple places. the independent should and sides also allow for some give.

View attachment 302447View attachment 302448
I did notice the chest piece on the Mark IV has a weak area in the middle. In order to compensate for this I used EpoxAcoat and fiberglass on the inside to strengthen the parts and used XTC epoxy on the outside for a smooth surface finish. Hopefully this will extend the longevity of the armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back