Mjolnir mark V EVA model build, [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan

Okay so I'v been setting up blueprints and what not and I'm going to try and make EVA armor (with a visor), I am buying materials right now which include, black underclothes, paper (papurika), fiberglass, straps, foam, and a visor. If anyone has any tips or hints on how I can pull this off I'd be grateful. I will also be sure to keep you updated, when I finish shopping.

The only advice I can really give you is to do your homework. There are a lot of FAQs and tutorials here on the 405th, and a couple hours spent reading through it can save you a lot of time and headache down the road, and will be seen in the final quality of your build.

Do you have foam templates to work from already? Or are you going to be creating these yourself?

Maybe I'm horrible at searching but I couldn't find much on the Mk V. The 405th file archive has way more for the Mk IV and VI.

I'd suggest at least getting your hands dirty with pepakura on at least one small part like a forearm. I started out wanting to make a foam build but something wasn't flowing right for me. I switched to pepakura and things went amazingly smooth. But it comes to personal preference I would imagine.

But as FoxtrotZero has mentioned already, a little research goes a looooooong way here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan
Keep me up to date on this EVA armor of yours :D its got my attention I want to go for a Emile's armor from reach (Cause it be awesome!) except maybe right handed for me cause Emile is a lefty and im not :/ OK almost 1 to 1 replica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back