Mjolnir MKIV Build

Gauntlets done! The part that stole my motivation to continue building is done finally. I know the handplate is backwards in this picture, it will be mounted with velcro so don't worry.
20221109_165312.jpg
Now I just need to dremel all the parts, add more details, clips and webbing, seal and paint. More than 2 weeks for all that so I should be able to make it!

I spent the last days adding velcro and clips so I could wear parts. Also dremeled a lot and connected some stuff like shins to knee pads and shoulders to biceps pieces. The shins are so small at the bottom that I had to plan in a opening that can be closed with velcro to be able to slip my foot in.

Finally I was able to wear the whole thing! And damn does it feel good to wear. Can't wait to finish it.
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-13 at 19.58.06 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-11-13 at 19.58.08 (6).jpeg
the stuff on the floor is our dogs work please ignore haha

Despite mostly rainy weather this week I found some timeslots where it did not rain to prime and paint most armor parts. Really happy with the color. I picked Montana Cans G1170 Nato for the base.

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_6c6e8f11-c29a-42f6-80b8-97fb7a87ad9f.jpgWhatsApp Image 2022-11-20 at 13.03.48.jpg

Before paint: That's a great foam work. Gonna be great.
After spraying paint: THAT'S A MARK 4 ARMOR RIGHT THERE!

Sorry for the wait but the past week was crazy crunch wise. I spent every free minute to get the armor ready for the con. But I made it!
There was a lot of painting left to do and the whole helmet needed to be dremeled out some more to fit visor and vents and I added some textured foam to add detail to thighs and boots. This time I shaded my parts to give them extra depth which added a ton to the overall look.
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_828246ac-6557-4eae-b67f-970dd10e1e60.jpgrn_image_picker_lib_temp_1b5ed434-6308-46d7-84ff-69818526c0d0.jpg20221120_173121_HDR.jpg
And then finally after almost 3 years (started the first part in january 2020) it was done! I have to admit i was surprised how it turned out when I looked at myself for the first time in the mirror.

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-27 at 20.07.46 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-11-27 at 20.07.47 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-11-27 at 20.07.48.jpeg
First con went great, feels amazing to wear and I got great response. Only one shoe came apart but it was an easy fix at the on con repair station. I am so glad that I finally finished this thing!
20221127_153229.jpg

Woo I'm loving it! And definitely not jealous at how smooth your sealing turned out... What did you do it with?

Woo I'm loving it! And definitely not jealous at how smooth your sealing turned out... What did you do it with?
Heatseal, 5 coats of Hexflex (mixed with water 5:1) and then 1 light and one normal coat of seal prime. After that 2 coats of paint (Montana GOLD). The hex flex part takes ages but totally worth it.

Okay guys. I ever wanted to do a nice halo cosplay. Im prototyping for a year now. First made a EOD Helmet and now I started with the MK IV / Jerome Cosplay. Still work in progress, but I put a lot of time into sanding untill its perfect :)

The Front Helmet also was a Prototype which I going to use for painting tests.

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-21 at 22.13.12 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-21 at 22.13.12.jpeg

Okay guys. I ever wanted to do a nice halo cosplay. Im prototyping for a year now.
Hello, elNoX , you have a great start there, but I would reccomend starting your own thread to document your build, rather than cluttering up Masky's thread here about his build with images of your suit.

Hello, elNoX , you have a great start there, but I would reccomend starting your own thread to document your build, rather than cluttering up Masky's thread here about his build with images of your suit.
Oh my bad. Im sorry. I searched for a general MK IV thread and found this one. Im sorry :D Ill make a own thread in the future.

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back