CasuallyFlacid

Member
Hey y'all! I've been working on a set of Mjolnir Mk.V(B) armor! This is actually my 3rd set of armor I have made, but it is my first FULLY 3D printed suit and the first set I am making with the intent to wear to cons! This project has taken me a couple of years and alot of work, so I figured I'd post it here.

I started out with wanting a base set of armor in my multiplayer colors from Halo Reach, but I customized the colors slightly to fit my personal aesthetic. The files I used for most of this project can be found on Etsy by NerdForgeDesigns. I believe the creator is also a member on here, but hus name escapes me at this time. He sells a fantastic base set that is easy to expand upon, so I did exactly that!

In the future, I want this armor to be compatible with MANY different parts and loadouts for different cons. I want to get ALOT of milage out of this thing.

20221025_182009.jpg

I made an armor stand out of PVC pipes for pieces I have finished. As of this post, I have the entire thing printed and most of it painted + weathered.
20221025_182732.jpg

The only parts I have left to paint are (of course) the big stuff... Chest, back, thighs, and calves. The forearms just need a little more love until I can call them "Done".
20221025_182021.jpg

The Feet are completely finished
20221025_182359.jpg

As are the parts for the knees and thighs.
 

DireWolf111

Member
Hi, just saw your weapons collection. Awesome stuff. May I ask where you got those pants around the cod piece, those look legit.
 

CasuallyFlacid

Member
Couple more updates.... I have finished painting the calves. I still need to weather them.
20221027_091611.jpg

The thighs are also mostly completed, but they need a few details with some hand painting and the first layer of topcoat before I can start on weathering. Should hopefully have these done by the end of the day.
20221027_091639.jpg

The chest and back are also coming along nicely. I still have a few more colors to add and alot of masking to do, but overall quite pleased with my progress this week.
20221027_091539.jpg
 

Bloxx3r

Member
Thanks! Hopefully I'll have it done in the next day or two. Still needs the LEDs wired up tho, so that will be a "soft" done.
I feel that. My suit got pretty rushed towards the end of the build so I could finish it before a con. I've definitely got a lot to do still and my suit is also a "soft" done lol
 

CasuallyFlacid

Member
I feel that. My suit got pretty rushed towards the end of the build so I could finish it before a con. I've definitely got a lot to do still and my suit is also a "soft" done lol
I haven't really been trying to hit any deadline luckily. After I missed having it for the past couple of cons, I kinda just have an "it's done when it's done" mentality.
 

CasuallyFlacid

Member
Ok so I got a ton of work done the past couple days. I put the finishing touches on the calves...
20221029_083227.jpg

I finished up the collar breacher chest parts...
20221029_082946.jpg

I assembled the softcase attachment onto the left thigh...
20221029_083013.jpg

20221029_083035.jpg

I initially planned on making the thigh attachments removable with magnets, but I couldn't make the connection strong enough so I just glued it all together.
 

CasuallyFlacid

Member
After completing both of the thighs, I came up with a nice solution to mounting my magnum on the right thigh. Problem was that my magnum is actually really heavy. It is a model with a ton of detail and Functional moving parts so I had to come up with a way to mount it securely. I ended up printing a quick and easy swiveling latch system.
20221029_083102.jpg

It does unfortunately mean that there needs to be this ugly block of plastic slapped onto my magnum in order for it to work. Luckily I made it removable with a bolt and nut.
20221029_083114.jpg

I'm ok with the inaccuracies cuz it seems very very secure.
20221029_083134.jpg
20221029_083137.jpg
20221029_083144.jpg
 

CasuallyFlacid

Member
Another update (forgot to mention in last post)... I finished painting the basic colors of the torso parts.
20221029_083234.jpg

They still need quite a bit of hand-painting and weathering, but the paint is still a little too tacky for me to work on it yet :(

In the meantime tho, I have been finally working on the electronics! I drew up a couple wiring diagrams and have started soldering together some of the LEDs.
20221029_083248.jpg

I want to make good use of connectors this time around, so my crimping skills are improving.
20221029_083319.jpg
 

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Top