Mk V Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Anwalt

Sr Member
Member DIN
S530
I have just finished pepping my Mk V helmet. I started it on Friday eveneing, and worked at night on saturday, and intermitently today. It was very easy, and I enjoyed it. Will post pics as soon as I figure out how... Not bad looking for only a few hours work, if I do say so myself.

What about this idea: Would it be possible to install the underarmor neck piece, (After resin/fiberglass/bondo, etc...)directly to the helmet itself? The suit is supposed to be pressurized for space-work/combat, and that wouldn't be possible if the under armor connected to it some other way. Not that I can think of, anyway. Also, is there a way to install a hands-free walkie-talkie in the thing? That'd be super cool. Any help would be great!

Cheesecake has just become my hero. Here we go with the first pic. Can't seem to be able to load more than one... anyway, there ya are.:

Wish you had some pictures.. might want to post some asap, "pictures or it didnt happen" is real big around here. anyways

for the neck, idk how complex you want to get but somthing simple is just a plain old neck cover from any sporting goods store,

also underarmor head neck covers like you said work really good

insanetrooper said:
Wish you had some pictures.. might want to post some asap, "pictures or it didnt happen" is real big around here. anyways

for the neck, idk how complex you want to get but somthing simple is just a plain old neck cover from any sporting goods store,

also underarmor head neck covers like you said work really good

We do not care about the "Picture or didn't happen" policy. There is no such policy.

What we do care is about a thread with no pictures. No pictures= No thread. We know you made something. But don't make a thread until you can show us.

Last edited by a moderator:
24x3rqu.jpg

Well if you need help posting pictures here's my tip:

When you put in a reply you gotta type your text and everything but if

you scroll down you'll see "attachments" through that add your pictures.

Hope it helped you out!

[attachment=15378:14lrqwx.jpg]

CheeseCake said:
Well if you need help posting pictures here's my tip:

When you put in a reply you gotta type your text and everything but if

you scroll down you'll see "attachments" through that add your pictures.

[attachment=15378:14lrqwx.jpg]

but you can only put a few pic in

ok, noob question. should I have resinned the inside before completing the pep, or is it ok to do it now? and same question with fiberglass

ok, noob question. should I have resinned the inside before completing the pep, or is it ok to do it now? and same question with fiberglass

insanetrooper said:
Wish you had some pictures.. might want to post some asap, "pictures or it didnt happen" is real big around here...

Just to clarify, as V1p3r posted earlier, that the "Pics or it didn't happen" thing isn't big here but rather creating threads with nothing useful in them. Those "Pics or it didn't happen" posts with the stupid pics and no relevant information will generally get your post removed or sometimes a warn if I find them. I don't like them ;) But that's irrelevant now so...

Adam Anderson said:
but you can only put a few pic in

The reason for that is probably because the pics you're attaching are too big so they take up your upload quota much faster (not sure what the max is but it doesn't take long to fill up). Best thing to do would be to host them externally on somewhere like Imageshack, Photobucket, Flickr, etc. or resize them before uploading :)

armercrazy said:

When you say "completing the pep" do you mean before you've finished glueing all the cardstock parts in place? If so then no, it's best to leave all the resining until you've got the whole thing together so it can support itself better. You can get away with resining parts individually but more often than not they'll end up warping and not go together properly.

ah, the Moz mk v. Incredibly easy and good looking, but i have done that so many times because of scaling messups...if youre wondering about resin it's said in the stickies, even most youtube videos that talk about fiberglassing to put resin on the outside once your helmet is comeplate and looks like the 3D model presented in pepakura designer/viewer. Then, when it is resined and sturdy, fiberglass, or rondo the inside, then for smoothing and detailing, it is highly reccomended that you use body filler on the outside.

Looks good, make sure to use a pep visor prop to hold it up before you resin it.

A friend of mine did that without the visor and his helmet collapsed in on itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back