Mkvii Helmet Quests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunsau

I cant seem to find the answer to this anywhere so im gonna post and ask. Im just about complete with building my first Helm and will be using resin soon but first wanted to know for the holes of the visor and the place where you can put leds do i put these pieces in or leave them hollow? I plan on putting LEDS in and a visor of course but need to know do i 100% pep then cut then out after resin and bondo or leave them open for easy access.

Sorry for the questions but I cannot find them anywhere even after searching hard for it.

EDIT: typo in the heading it should read "MKVi helmet questions"

Add on: also what can I use to the hose/black vent things on both sides of the helm in the front I saw a vid on youtube on how to do that but the owner took it down for some reason now im lost in the sauce.

Master Sunsau said:
I cant seem to find the answer to this anywhere so im gonna post and ask. Im just about complete with building my first Helm and will be using resin soon but first wanted to know for the holes of the visor and the place where you can put leds do i put these pieces in or leave them hollow? I plan on putting LEDS in and a visor of course but need to know do i 100% pep then cut then out after resin and bondo or leave them open for easy access.

Sorry for the questions but I cannot find them anywhere even after searching hard for it.

Leave everything on there until you're done fiberglassing. This will help reduce warpage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright so leave everything on and just use a dremel tool to make the holes for the visor leds etc after bondo and glassing?

Master Sunsau said:
Alright so leave everything on and just use a dremel tool to make the holes for the visor leds etc after bondo and glassing?

Yeah I would go with that.. Just use an tool that will cut a nice clean hole for the LED's. Then you could hot glue or super glue them in. Just be careful not to cut too big

Master Sunsau said:

Yup, I actually just used a drill bit on mine and sanded it down before it was all finished up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back