Model Help for 3D Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabbris113

Hey guys Looking for some help in getting a 3D model ready for 3D printing but I'm not sure how to make it hollow/ slice it for printing I'll upload the file its my own creation based on the H5 Protector Helmet, I call it the Aegis. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

To be able to slice the model, it has to be watertight. There are online services that can do that, but you can also just use the solidify modifier in Blender. After that, you should be able to slice and print it.

Hey guys Looking for some help in getting a 3D model ready for 3D printing but I'm not sure how to make it hollow/ slice it for printing I'll upload the file its my own creation based on the H5 Protector Helmet, I call it the Aegis. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
I can take a look...give me a few days. Do you want it the way it is or do you want it smoothed out?

Last edited:
Here's the model. I added thickness to it using the solidify modifier in blender and let the azure model repair tool run over it. If it's too thick, I can give you a thinner variant. It did slice fine with cura, although there is a face that is a little glitched out. It gets removed though by the slicer.

Aegis_repaired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back