Model needs repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Causes 101

So i sized my Halo 3 MJOLNIR MRK VI -UDH helmet in armorsmith, brought it to 3 different slicing software's and they wont print the helmet without a repair. when I repair it, it completely covers the bottom hole and fills in the helmet (making the print time 180 hours :/ ) I'm not the best with 3D models and slicers programs yet and could use the help.

Thanks -Causes

(update) the photo is the result of what happens if I don't repair the helmet and slice it. idk if this help solve the problem or not.

Attachments

• help.png
    help.png
    837 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Is there an error in the mesh of the file? I repair most of the damaged files with Fusion360.
There was a program called netfabb that would do that online without Fusion360, but now it is integrated in the software.

Is there an error in the mesh of the file? I repair most of the damaged files with Fusion360.
There was a program called netfabb that would do that online without Fusion360, but now it is integrated in the software.
I'm not quite sure what the problem is, my 3 programs are IdeaMaker, 3d Builder and Cura(my printer wont work with Cura) and when I try to manually fix the repair, it still doesn't work. only a auto repair dose the trick, and idk what it dose besides fill in the helmet.

Is this an attempt to slice the file with the Armory game rip obj?

If it is like it appears to be the issue is that the file is slicing as it is since it's creating a best guess of what the solid geometry is due to the fact that there is only zero thickness outer faces in the model which it can't properly interpret. To 3D print a file like this you'll need to heavily modify it to add thickness for printing.

Can you upload the file and send me the link? I look what i can do :)
here is the file I've been messing around with, it's the same one that is from the Armory. I found another helmet file that works so there's no rush on my end, but i think the Armory one should be fixed for future use. (Unless it's something I did?)

Attachments

• halo-3-mjolnir-mkvi-helmet.pdo
    1.3 MB · Views: 160
As Turbo said, this file is made for paper craft (Pepakura) - and thus is designed to be printed on a 2D printer, then cut out and assembled by hand. To make this work for 3D printing, you would need to give it thickness, and check it is manifold - AKA, physically plausible in the real world. To save you the headache though, one of our members has already modelled the helmet for 3D printing:

As Turbo said, this file is made for paper craft (Pepakura) - and thus is designed to be printed on a 2D printer, then cut out and assembled by hand. To make this work for 3D printing, you would need to give it thickness, and check it is manifold - AKA, physically plausible in the real world. To save you the headache though, one of our members has already modelled the helmet for 3D printing:
ahhh ok. so how can i find 3d print type files in armory, if there is any.

PS. i did find that helmet earlier but thanks.

ahhh ok. so how can i find 3d print type files in armory, if there is any.

PS. i did find that helmet earlier but thanks.
There's a few .obj's in the armory, some of which maaaay work, but because they are game rips, most probably won't without fixing some things. The beautiful holy grail you are probably looking for is this:

There's a few .obj's in the armory, some of which maaaay work, but because they are game rips, most probably won't without fixing some things. The beautiful holy grail you are probably looking for is this:
ok just to be clear, that index are the only ones that work with the 3d printers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back