Modeling Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowshail

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
OK sorry if this is not in the 3d modeling area but i did not know if it was open yet for users...and if i was even allowed to post a new topic there...so if i am then mods please move this topic.

OK so i am getting into modeling using Blender and i downloaded Python 2.6.5 and everything pops up and looks great...my problem is that i cannot load any files...i tried some .obj (which from what i have been reading is pretty standard for Blender modelers) nor can i load a background image (I did look at Chevysrule's tutorial on how to load one)and it keeps on giving me errors when i load it from the file by opening it in Blender and not reading it at all and when i am in Blender trying to open it.

So any help regarding this question would be awesome.

EDIT: Alright i got the background image to work but i still cannot load a .obj file.....

woot! thanks Damorian! i tried import and found all the different files. I will definitely read and use that guide you recommended, it looks really useful.

Soon i hope to be a good modeler and make some Gundam armor i have been dying to make!

3ds Max works better than Blender, just sign up for a free student version and you're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back