1. 581-Erudite Watch
    Greetings Guest! I am the NEW guide of the 405th Infantry Division. I am 581. Surely, you are asking yourself, who is this fascinating entity and what is he about? Fear not! The staff of this great community has cleverly created a comic to share my backstory with you. Click HERE to learn more!

Dismiss Notice

Modeling Question

Discussion in 'Halo 3D Modeling' started by Shadowshail, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Shadowshail

Shadowshail

OK sorry if this is not in the 3d modeling area but i did not know if it was open yet for users...and if i was even allowed to post a new topic there...so if i am then mods please move this topic.

OK so i am getting into modeling using Blender and i downloaded Python 2.6.5 and everything pops up and looks great...my problem is that i cannot load any files...i tried some .obj (which from what i have been reading is pretty standard for Blender modelers) nor can i load a background image (I did look at Chevysrule's tutorial on how to load one)and it keeps on giving me errors when i load it from the file by opening it in Blender and not reading it at all and when i am in Blender trying to open it.

So any help regarding this question would be awesome.

EDIT: Alright i got the background image to work but i still cannot load a .obj file.....

2. Damorian

Damorian Jr Member

3. Shadowshail

Shadowshail

woot! thanks Damorian! i tried import and found all the different files. I will definitely read and use that guide you recommended, it looks really useful.

Soon i hope to be a good modeler and make some Gundam armor i have been dying to make!

4. Ruze789

Ruze789 Well-Known Member

It is open, moving it over to 3d models forum now...

5. Grnbl

Grnbl New Member

3ds Max works better than Blender, just sign up for a free student version and you're good to go.

6. Grnbl

Grnbl New Member

3ds Max works better than Blender, just sign up for a student version and you're good to go.