mom forgot admin password, any cracker/decoder i can use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well my mom forgot the admin password on the account on the computer, and rather than have to reinstall windows, I'd prefer to ge it back. I've seen and read a bit about winternals ERD commander, anyone have experience with this software or any other software i could use to change/retrieve password?

Go to Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, Click Administrative Tools, then click Local Security Settings, on the left click Account policy, then click Password policy, then click Minimum Password Length and change it from whatever to 0, that will erase the password on your admin account.

NOW TO LOGIN, Control Panel>User Account>Your Account>Remove Password.

Fixed.

Actually the last step may not be needed since I dont see remove password under user accounts. Sorry, just try the first step, I just set a password and reset it this way.

Look for security settings or anything that has to do with security, I thought you were running XP, so I wrote that tut for XP, but it should be the same once you find the security area.

go to start, then run, type cmd, a black box will come up, type "net user" then hit enter, then type "net user adminstrator *" then type any password you want, hit enter, then type it again, and hit enter then type "exit" and hit enter

m19sssm said:
go to start, then run, type cmd, a black box will come up, type "net user" then hit enter, then type "net user adminstrator *" then type any password you want, hit enter, then type it again, and hit enter then type "exit" and hit enter

is there any other step after i type in the password and then confirm the password? cause when i type the password i want it thinks it's a command but is unable to recognize it, how ever, when i type net user administrator from the step before, one of the things it says is that password is changeable

sorry, but my knowledge of command prompt is very limited

Last edited by a moderator:
ok it looks like i dident see that i have to type the * after administrator, i think i almost got the hang of it, it haas given me the syntax of the commands, now what do i do to chanhe the pass? when i try to just type a new one it doesent recognize it as a command

the password wont show up as you type it, but it is being recognised, just type it and press enter, and type it again and press enter, and then you should be good to go

if u realy use wista there shud be an optoin to remove it by inserting teh original vista disc or something like that well i think this sould work.

I use ERD commander at work to unlock passwords. You just place the disk in your cdrom and it will auto launch.. It will open a gui that looks similar to windows, select from the start menu password recovery or something to that and reset. It's really simple to use and very helpful...

AoBfrost said:
Go to Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, Click Administrative Tools, then click Local Security Settings, on the left click Account policy, then click Password policy, then click Minimum Password Length and change it from whatever to 0, that will erase the password on your admin account.

NOW TO LOGIN, Control Panel>User Account>Your Account>Remove Password.

Fixed.

Actually the last step may not be needed since I dont see remove password under user accounts. Sorry, just try the first step, I just set a password and reset it this way.

o_O Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooooooooow.................

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back