Monster Hunter World: Odogaron armour build

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaiganBoi

Sr Member
Alrighty. Time to start on a new full armour suit. I'm stepping away from Halo and going with Monster Hunter this time.
I haven't exactly chosen which armour set but I have narrowed it down to Odogaron:
tumblr_p4bce0OI7N1rqakc7o1_1280.jpg
And Legiana :
legiana-beta_armor_set-mhw-leak.jpg
As for a weapon to go along with the armour, I am still in the air. I would like to do the long sword but... Carrying a 7 foot foam sword on a GO train... Could prove problematic...
On another note I have gotten a set of base Slinger templates from Mellowmind.UK and started tracing out the patterns.
20181215_135702.jpg
I am also awaiting my order of Barge contact cement from Redmoon Cosplay to arrive (next Wednesday) and then I'm off to the races. I am hoping this will be ready by Fan Expo 2019.
Wish me luck.

Good luck!

My vote is Legiana but don't listen to my personal biases! An Insect Glaive or a Gunlance could be an option for a large weapon that breaks down easily for travel.

Good luck!

My vote is Legiana but don't listen to my personal biases! An Insect Glaive or a Gunlance could be an option for a large weapon that breaks down easily for travel.
If I went with Odogaron I could match the weapons like the Dual blades Sin
blood-drinker_chainblade.png
Or go Light Bow Gun Karma
karma.png
I am leaning towards towards Odogaron at the moment. My worry with Legiana is mobility and range of motion.

20190102_174544.jpg

The build has started... Somewhat... The base for the slinger is done. Will layer more foam on top to get details for the specific armour set. I was waiting on some supplies to be delivered today from Red Moon Cosplay. The images of the Odogaron armour on Google are all the same. I now have to replay MHW from the beginning with a Male toon this time around. I have to get to High Rank and unlock the armour set so I can take screen shots of the armour... So there will be a bit of delay starting...

View attachment 263690
The build has started... Somewhat... The base for the slinger is done. Will layer more foam on top to get details for the specific armour set. I was waiting on some supplies to be delivered today from Red Moon Cosplay. The images of the Odogaron armour on Google are all the same. I now have to replay MHW from the beginning with a Male toon this time around. I have to get to High Rank and unlock the armour set so I can take screen shots of the armour... So there will be a bit of delay starting...

CplYapFlip and I are slowly playing through MH:W on PC so if we unlock that armour set before you do we can snag some reference photos for you.

Assembly of the slinger is done. After botching up the detail layers of 2mm and 6mm foam I was able to hide some of it by detailing with a woodburning tool.
20190103_172614.jpg 20190103_172629.jpg 20190103_211030.jpg 20190103_211008.jpg
After that I added another layer of 2mm foam on the side horns of the slinger and proceeded to take forever to sraw out the spiral pattern on each of them... Ugh that was annoying. Once satisfied, I burned that pattern in as well. For added detail I took a stone bit on my rotary tool and added little dimples to the horns. When I heat sealed them the heat dulled out the dimples a bit. Will prob go back and dimple them again before painting.
I then added some nuts and bolts plus chicago screws to attach the horns.
20190104_183059.jpg 20190104_183148.jpg 20190104_183207.jpg

If
Thank you kind sir. This build is going to be more detail intensive compared to my ODST build. There are a lot of textures that need to be added to give the armour parts an organic feel.
You haven't, check out kamuicosplays channel. She has done a couple of amazing mhw builds and is amazimg! YOGA cosplay has also made some videos that may help you out, as his mhw builds are neat and has lots of different attatchments

If

You haven't, check out kamuicosplays channel. She has done a couple of amazing mhw builds and is amazimg! YOGA cosplay has also made some videos that may help you out, as his mhw builds are neat and has lots of different attatchments
I have seen Kamuicosplays Nirgigante and Zinogre builds. Thats where I learned about using a wood burner for detailing. I'll have to check out YOGA's vids.

I have seen Kamuicosplays Nirgigante and Zinogre builds. Thats where I learned about using a wood burner for detailing. I'll have to check out YOGA's vids.
her scales and patterning is absolutely amazing, but I cant use a wood burner for the life of me. I dont understand how you guys get nice smooth lines, while mine are like waves or a knotted tree bark. I also dont think mine gets hot enough and I want to hold it close to the tip like a pencil so I can be more acurate, but that is not metal!

I dont understand how you guys get nice smooth lines, while mine are like waves or a knotted tree bark. I also dont think mine gets hot enough and I want to hold it close to the tip like a pencil so I can be more acurate, but that is not metal!

I don't have the steadiest of hands myself. Luckily for me with this armour shaky lines are a good thing. Don't have to worry about super straight line work.

Not much of a build update but I have decided on what weapon to build to go with my armour.
batoh1mdr8h11.jpg

I present the Divine Slasher. This photo is from the Monster Hunter Cafe in Japan. If that replica is to scale then this beast is about 10 feet in length. Don't think that is gonna fly for me. I am gonna scale it down to about 7ft. It should look a little better to my 5'8" size.

Um this whole MH stuff is new to me. But I’m confused as to how the sheath works with the spiney/pokey sword? Plus I don’t think it’s big enough!!

In real life it doesn't t work at all. Gotta love videogame physics.
Even in game the sheathing and unsheathing animations don't look right. The Long swords pretty much magically go in and out of the sheath.

Last edited:
I was wondering how long it would take you to want to craft Monster Hunt!

Is mini chief going to be your Palico?

Also, do you still want reference photos of Odogaron? My roommate has a Male toon and says he could easily craft the set with his extra garments.
Ha! That is a quite genius idea! Don't know if he would want to walk around as a cat though...
If your roommate doesn't mind it would be a huge help! If possible the Odogaron HR Alpha set. Front, back and profile shot and close ups of all the parts.
Thanks in advance!

Okay. No problem.

Can you show me what color you want it? Or I can get a wide shot of a few colors for you to pick from and then I can do the close ups?

The digital suit has been crafted PaiganBoi

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back