Monty's Goblin Slayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montique

So one of the newer "projects" that I mentionedin my Arctic Spartan build, is my build for Goblin Slayer, from the anime Goblin Slayer. It may seem relatively simple compared to a spartan III, but I actually had to learn more skills for this build than any other.

At first the project was no different than anything else I've done. I found files online and cut the armor out of foam. I've grown out of using hot glue for everything so now I use contact cement, but it limits my working times to daylight hours because mosquitoes come out at night and eat me alive.
3727895A-D04F-4DFD-BEF8-A43E99E1B178_L0_001.JPGF5F46F7C-44FB-4063-8677-1FFADA62C753_L0_001.JPG

Then things got "complicated". Since I wanted to make everything myself I had to learn how to sew so that I could make the bags (never sewn before in my life). I don't have any pictures but I had to learn basic leather working because I use real leather straps.

6C811426-32E0-4938-A5AE-7E0299C7B2EC_L0_001.JPG2AB28C12-7BCB-4D47-A702-C7D1B3E16888_L0_001.JPG

I gave the armor a plastidip base coat then sprayed it silver. I've never used weathering on my pieces so I had to learn how to apply black-wash to make the armor look dirtier.

IMG_0607.jpgIMG_0622.jpg

I attached the shoulder and thigh plates with Velcro because I couldn't find the cannon straps he uses to attach them.

When the whole suit was finished, I took it to a legit photoshoot and I'm still waiting for those pictures to come out of post-production

IMG_0664.JPG
IMG_0665.JPG
IMG_0660.JPG

I can only imagine trying to push a needle through leather.....I know PerniciousDuke did some amazing leather-work on his Skyrim Nighingale Armor......but I also remember him saying that it was the hardest thing he ever tried. So kudos to you and your leather-work. I won't even try it yet. BTW, who's with you in that last pic?

I can only imagine trying to push a needle through leather.....I know PerniciousDuke did some amazing leather-work on his Skyrim Nighingale Armor......but I also remember him saying that it was the hardest thing he ever tried. So kudos to you and your leather-work. I won't even try it yet. BTW, who's with you in that last pic?
Her name is Business, first name Nonya

JK, she's Ribaibu. She's the one that invited me to the photo shoot where these pictures were taken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back