Mortal Kombat 9 Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z0M8I3

Hello everyone, I haven't been on in awhile but I thought I would share what I'm currently working on.

For a local con that's coming in march I decided to start working on a costume early..well...5 costumes actually. I'm going to be making Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Noob Saibot, Smoke and Reptile costumes. Partly for the con and the other part for personal collection.

As of about 10 minutes ago I have all 5 masks pepped out. These were done one mask per day and I actually made 7 total. I started with a noob mask and a smoke mask and after fiberglassing the noob mask realized they would be too small so I resized them and made them plus the other 3.

All masks took a total of 70+ hours to finish.

Here's a few pics of them. I'll try to update this post as I have time.

th_random310.jpg
th_random306.jpg
th_random305.jpg
th_random304.jpg
th_random303.jpg
th_random313.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Really impressive! Have you fiber glassed the top one or is that just the shading

Thank you. That's just shading, none of them are fiber glassed yet. I'm going to be working on that over the next week. I really do dread that because of the chance they have of warping but it's gotta be done..lol.

Awesome! Nice clean work there. Have you tried test fitting them? I've always loved MK characters, I remember dressing up as Scorpion 15 years ago or so... Thanks for making me feel old...

Awesome! Nice clean work there. Have you tried test fitting them? I've always loved MK characters, I remember dressing up as Scorpion 15 years ago or so... Thanks for making me feel old...

Thanks, I've been test fitting them since assembly and they fit rather well with the exception of reptile and scorpions because well, I'm neither a lizard man nor do I have part of my skull showing..lol. All in all though, they're all wearable. Right now I'm working on scorpions swords.

I just wish I could get the rest of the files for their shoulder pads/armor pieces but maybe in time I'll rip them from the game myself.

Sorry to make you feel old but hey, look at it this way...It's the memories that are worth aging.... for the most part ;)

I'm not too young myself but will always be a kid at heart!

Small update, I've got one of scorpions swords finished today..Not sure if I have it in me to do another one..I'm getting close to 100 hours of work on pepping for the past week..lol.

th_random315.jpg

I personally am not a mortal kombat fan but I have bookmarked this page. Your pep work is incredible sir! I look forward to seeing moar!

I am having the hardest time finding the pep files for these masks, do you think you could help me out? point me in the right direction or something. thank you

Thanks everyone.

Spandroid, I got all the mask files from the pepakura gallery. The author of the files is "PepMaster".

Assassin3698, I decided that I'll probably just use the sword for display and a guide to carve some out of foam.

Spent the morning making my own pep file for the shoulder pads. First time I've done this so I hope it turns out ok!

th_MK9Sspad.jpg

wow looks really awsome! i love these!

Thank you! :)

Bit of an update, I got the masks glassed now and just waiting on it to cure. I'm so nervous about them turning out good! Since I'm getting to the very tedious bondo stage...Is there any other filler out there that would work good for the detailing on these masks? I'm wondering because of the small details on the scorpion mas specifically, I don't want to botch the filler job.

th_random320.jpg

Thanks everyone.

Spandroid, I got all the mask files from the pepakura gallery. The author of the files is "PepMaster".

Assassin3698, I decided that I'll probably just use the sword for display and a guide to carve some out of foam.

That's a great decision, I would hate to see you work hard on that sword and then have the bondo kill the detail or have it get smashed while resining.
Also try this for your bondo problem:
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php...-To-Finish-Pep-Pieces?highlight=Revolutionary

Thanks for the link Assassin3698 :)

Small update for now. I just finished pepping my shoulder pad model for scorpion and I think it turned out pretty good. I'm going to work on making a pep file for the opposite pad now. I think I'm going to resin the outside and fill them with expanding foam. Here's a few pics of the finished pep.

th_random324.jpg
th_random323.jpg
th_random322.jpg

And here's the actual one on scorpion for reference
th_shoulderpad.jpg

Awesome detail work on the shoulder. Can't you just invert the pattern in pep to make the other side? They look like mirror images of each other in the screen shot.

Awesome detail work on the shoulder. Can't you just invert the pattern in pep to make the other side? They look like mirror images of each other in the screen shot.

Thanks!

I didn't even think of that!, Thank you very much :)

EDIT: to keep my double posting down I thought I'd throw the newest update in here. I now have both shoulder pads pepped. If the weather holds up tomorrow I'll be giving them a resin coat.

th_random326.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back