Mortal Kombat Deception: Sub-Zero Scrapbuild (Very Pic Heavy))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assassin3698

I was talking with SpartanT117,He had told me one of his brothers liked Sub-Zero, so I offered to build one. After he declined the offer I decided to make one for myself. And yes I know that this isn't Halo orriented but I decided to share my progress during the break from my HAZOP Helm.

The build is based entirely on the following picture alone:
subzero.jpg

After seeing this I drew up a plan of sorts for a scrap build:
Concept.gif

Here is some of the progress made after 1/2 an hour:
MKDSZM.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

And I even started on the helmet portion by designing a template for the sides of the helmet:
IMG_0491.jpg

A total hour of progress. Yeah!!

@ZOM8I3- I really wanted to do a (Pep-free) build, for two reasons:
1. I already have a pep build started.
2. I thought it would be more fun.

Update 2:
Used a bisector piece to connect the two sections for the helmet front.
IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

The front piece is complete now just have to finish the:
> Mask
>Helmet Dome
>Trident Top

Gonna start work on the Trident next.

lol I declined cause I don't wanna put you under that stress, and besides, if he wants it, he can build it. He can follow your templates. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Update 3:

Made a head frame for the back, hot glued it to front helm piece. Mask is just leaning forward to see how it would look. So, what do you guys, and girls, think?
79fdb627.jpg

Thank you guys for your responses and encouragement. I will have more progress for you all, later. And when you get free time remember to "GET OVER HERE!!!", Sorry for the lame joke. But will have more progress just wait!

Update 4:

I have finished the under part of the helmet by using a "birdcage" support system. next step, after buying more hot glue sticks, is gluing foam sheets around it to cover the outside, I might resin the outside, and in, and glass the inside giving it a solid area inside and out. This might be the last update for a few days so enjoy these:
58b67108.jpg

40949474.jpg

The mask is only leaning, not permanently attached.
90e7c243.jpg

Thanks guys,
@Animagmas- Thanks! There are so Pepakura builds, Including foam builds, but not a lot of scrap builds so I decided to do one.
@ZOM8I3- Thanks man, ditto on your masks.

After looking over the helm, I have decided to add more supports on the "birdcage" for extra support and to make it a little easyer to lay the foam when Im ready to do so. And to appoligize for the double post I present to you all a stupid pic of me in the WIP itself:
d539fb32.jpg

And yes I was very tired at the time. Note: The Eyes

SWEET, Looks like the size is just about perfect for you! Good idea on adding more supports. It's only going to make things easier for ya :)

I'm gonna add padding on the inside of the top so it matches the height of my eyebrows like in the reference pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back