Motorcycle School

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Jr Member
I'm so excited I'm going to take Motorcycle safety foundation courses tomorrow and saturday so I can get my motorcycle license I'm SOOOO excited... Wish I had a set of ODST armor to show up in but oh well, so all work on my odst gear will be paused for two days for me to REVEL in my happiness. I can't wait I'm thinking I'll either get a suzuki sv650 or vstrom1000 but hardly anyone sells vstroms used =/ and they're massive, anyway hopefully some kind of v-twin sports bike I'm getting the license beforehand to test them at a dealership hehe OMG time to go get my gear ready....

Congradulations, I wouldnt mind getting a Motorcycle drivers licence. but, Not to bring you down or anything, but i have a lot of friends in the fire department, and they all think that driving motorcycles are the worst possible thing you could ever do.

Hey. just a few words of advice from a veteran rider. If you dont have any riding experience, stick to a smaller bike at first. i dont think a Vstorm would be a good starter bike, if you catch my drift. But of course i know a few people who have been riding before they got their licences, so if you HAVE ridden before, make sure you pick a bike equal to your skill. We dont want any new riders splattering themselves because they tried to tackle a bike that was beyond their skill level too early. BTW. V-twins have massive torque. make sure if you get that SV that you keep the front on the road.

yeah I know v-twins have massive torque low to mid range rpm and thats why I want one. Although they don't have the hp in the high ends like an inline they sound much better and I've hearddddd that you feel the vibration in the bars less, especially with bar end weights and a 90 degree v. I have been riding dirtbikes since I was three (am now 19) so I'm not completely new but I'm new to streetbikes. I really want a small bore v-twin but there are very few to choose from, sv650, ducati monster 690?/750, hyosung 650r theres i think one more but I can't think of it, now if I were going big bore... I think I would look into an Intercepter *drools* V4 on a bike... anyways yeah that'll be farther down the road I'm hoping for a 650 or close 90 degree V my current dirtbike is a crf450x and it's not too much bike for me it's about right but I think I want more for the street.

And the front end will definitely stay on the road I've seen what my buddy does in 3rd on accident lol.. scary suckers, v-twin sports

Finished the course. :D I should be getting my license in anywhere from 3-10 days whenever the slip I need to take to the DMV comes. Passed the test with flying colors woohoo! Then I'm off to look for a bike and get a quote for insurance then, sadly, my armor building time is going to take a huge hit but oh well cause riding motorcycles is AMAZING lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back