Mounting options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedva Ko

Jr Member
Ok. Admins this post is only paintball related as the gear I'm writing about is from my paintball kit and is found on a paintball site. So please don't lock. This isn't about protection or anything

So I dressed in my paintball gear for Halloween. As I was going over it to make sure everything was shiny, I noticed a few things. Here is the item: http://www.rap4.com/p/015995/usmg-m...-mac5-black?osCsid=gskaqnoe1h4iihetq17tapsj35. It's a really nice piece that is better appreciated in person. First the shoulders. The straps are actually 2 parts. The first is the support strap. It is hidden in the pic but trust me it's there. There is a channel on it for the rip cord (explained later) on the top and loop Velcro on the bottom. While the top does nothing for you really the bottom has usage. If you make your armor right you can use Velcro to secure it to the strap, thereby mounting arm pieces directly to the vest. The second piece wraps around the first and provides padding for your shoulder. There is also a hole in one side (presumably for passing straps through.) just pass the straps or plastic piece through this hole and secure however you have set up, then close the second piece up. All nice and neat.

second is the molle straps located on the sides front and back. I personally have mounted a hydro pouch to the back and plan on getting mag pouches later. As long as the armor pieces are made right you should be able to mount them to these strips. Fairly straight forward. There is also a Velcro section on the front so you can ad a patch to it.

Third is for those who play paintball and find a suitable armor plating. Don't care what you use as long as you are safe. Remember this post is not about how you protect yourself. If you do get armor however, let's say real ballistic plate, there are sections inside, under the mesh for mounting the plates, much like plate carrier vest. These sections are in front and back. If you use armor on the field or just want to go the extra step towards realism at a con, this is where you would mount them. Please don't discus the armor for paintball use. This section is essentially closed. I will tell you how big it is if you like but no more.

forth is actually an add on. Buy the battle belt for this. Secure the battle belt to the main armor. I used old Alice clips to do this. There are other ways. Along the bottom edge are 2 holes, much like the shoulder sections. Simply pass straps or plastic through the holes, around the inner belt and back out the holes to attach leg armor.

Finally, this armor comes with a quick release mechanism. Let's say, God forbid, you have a heart attack at a con. Simply grab the handle at the front near the neck and pull. The armor will come apart so they don't have to struggle remove it or even destroy the armor to help you. The vid on the page I linked goes into this more.

now that I have laid out the features in it, I will say a few other things. While I don't really want to discuss armor for paintball I do have a question for the more seasoned people here. Please message me so I can ask without putting anything in anyone's head. As for the reason I'm posting this, I think that an odst designed to mount to this would be cool and unique. Design the armor accordingly and it should be able to be mounted to the best and weight should distribute well. One word of warning, if you do adopt this for con use, remove the foam from the plate carrier sections. It's going to be hot enough from the plastic armor and the fabric. You don't need more layers to heat you up more.

Remember, this is paintball gear and with enough pieces from this site you will have a decent amount of armor without having to make your own to add and possibly injure yourself and others. They sell leg platforms, knee and elbow pads, full head helmets, gloves, and boots. Armor up with a few of those things and you will be fine. It's designed for paintball. Don't get yourself hurt by trying to make your own. I do recommended this for a sturdy mounting base for cons. Play with it and have fun, just leave the home made items at home when you play paintball. Play smart play safe.

Oh, for the love of-

NO. You know we don't discuss the modification or alteration of paintball and airsoft gear on the forums - we're here for cosplay and costumes. And after several long and tedious back-and-forths with several members of staff, one would have thought you'd have gotten the idea and dropped it - this isn't a place where you can go behind mommy's back and get daddy to tell you it's OK. The staff communicate very well and we're all united on this front.

I'm locking this thread. Please see me when you change your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.