Movie Accurate Iron Man Mk 3, Mk 6 Helmet And Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saber1138

Jr Member
Using Dungbeetle's Helmet file I began my Build.[attachment=16368:044.JPG]

After fully assembling, I gave it a test paint just to visualize the outcome fully.[attachment=16369:049.JPG]

I wouldnt call it exactly Screen accurate but a good start, and things grow from the start. keep it up.

I decided to Fiberglass the inside for support, and bondo the outside in order to later add details. I've had quite the amount of bondo experience so I dove in section by section. However, due to time, and work in future builds I will use a thick exterior coating of fiberglass resin. This can be achieved by adding Thixotropic silica to the resin before adding the hardener, making a paste. The only downside will be harder surfaces to sand, but if you apply evenly and in sections with patience you can get great results.[attachment=16370:053.JPG][attachment=16371:054.JPG][attachment=16372:057.JPG][attachment=16374:059.JPG][attachment=16375:060.JPG]

mjolnir follower said:
I wouldnt call it exactly Screen accurate but a good start, and things grow from the start. keep it up.

Well, thanks mate! I have not even posted the current pics yet. A bit premature to judge though....

Here's the last pic I took a week ago, befor adding LED's and servo controlled hinge. Have to figure out how to upload more pics becuase I maxed out here already!

[attachment=16377:2 015.JPG]

Last edited by a moderator:
125.JPG

Here most surfaces have been smoothed out with bodo, and details have began to take shape.

1%20259.JPG

Removed the faceplate, also extended the back of the head to cover more area by adding cardboard then fiberglassing and more bondo work. Seamless now. There are minor symetry problems, and at this point work is just beginning to correct them.

1%20243.JPG
2%20023.JPG
1%20242.JPG

Here I had to re-sand the brow, and the area where the forhead meets the faceplate needs attention. The chin is slightly of center as well. These issues have all been corrected since!

2%20034.JPG

Although at this point of my build, I still am correcting flaw and errors, I decided to try some Lighting options out as a test, Don't worry this is still not it Yet!

Just a heads up for any one viewing I will post more in depth info on LED Lighting, with eyes maintaing visibility, as well as servo controls/ faceplate motorization, and hinge systems.

2%20015.JPG
2%20016.JPG
2%20017.JPG
2%20018.JPG
2%20020.JPG
2%20021.JPG

Here, 90% of the symmetry issues have been resolved, as well as edges around the facplate. I've reinforced the eyes internally for easy mounting and cleanliness of my lighting system. I considered EL lighting for a while, but decied on LED's due to their intensity. The eyes really stand out even in broad daylight! Unfortunately, being the nittpicker I am there is still work to be done before this helmet recieves its final stages of paint, and MOLDING begins.... FUN!

!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back