Movie Optimus Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

agbates

Hey guys once again I am back with another one of my 3d projects. Sorry it is not Halo again but I know there are a bunch of people here who like transformers.

I have to decided to make a full 3d model of optimus prime from the live action movies. This is the BIGGEST 3d task I have ever taken on or will probably be taking on ever again. The 3d model used in the movie was utterly astonishing. It was made up of an astounding 10,108 different parts. This is beyond the coolest looking incarnation of optimus prime ever. I plan on making the full 3d in full detail so that if people possibly want to have parts of this done on a cnc machine or something they can do that or if they are crazy enough they can try it in pep.

The problem I am having right now is lack of really good super high res references. The references for optimus have to be perfect so I can see all of the THOUSANDS of little details. I know where I can get these sources but have no way of obtaining them. That's where you guys hopefully come in.

Earlier this summer I got to visit my brother who is in the Navy down where he is stationed in Kings Bay Georgia and while I was there he bought a blu-ray player for his led tv. We bought a couple of movies and one of them just so happened to be Transformers (Thank God that is my favorite movie!). I watched it and was utterly astonished by the quality. I also just happened to watch all of the special features on it and noticed that the blu-ray version had a special feature that allowed you to look at super high res turn arounds of all the different transformers. I have searched far and wide on the internet trying to find stills or even better the videos of these excellent references. I was wondering if any of you know where I can find these references, or if you have the movie and could help me obtain them. I would like reference images for each different feature, the upper torso, waist, and legs (or whatever it was it let you choose). I would prefer a high quality video of it, but pics if taken right would be perfect. If I do get pics I need to get perfect shots of the sides front back and a couple of perspective views. These would be absolutely wonderful if anyone could help me get them.

Here is my embarrassing progress shot so far of the head. I found a really good reference image of the front of his head but have been having trouble with the side of it.

2-1.jpg

As you can see it is lacking a lot but I am sure I am capable of doing it if I have proper references.

If anyone can help me get quality versions of these references I will gladly give them a free copy of the 3d model as soon as its finished.

Here is a 3d-model someone did for their school project. It looks pretty accurate. I'll see if I can't find some more references for you when I get home. The internet here at work is being kind of flakey.

Have you looked at the toy helmet that they have? It might be a good starting point for your model.

Samuray said:
Here is a 3d-model someone did for their school project. It looks pretty accurate. I'll see if I can't find some more references for you when I get home. The internet here at work is being kind of flakey.

Yeh its okay for somebody modeling it, but just at a seconds glance it looks like it definitely has inaccuracies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samuray said:
I have the first movie ripped to my computer at home. I can get you some screenshots later.

I have the movie as well but the references I really want are on the blu ray movie. It is a special feature that allows you to look at a turn around of the 3d models in super high res.

Lol it so happens my step dad has the blu ray copy. Let me see if I can get some screen shots for you.

SoullessSin said:
Lol it so happens my step dad has the blu ray copy. Let me see if I can get some screen shots for you.

Sweet I would be ecstatic.

So I guess a whole screen shot of every angle of the whole transformer itself? Or which part do you need the most?

For the most part shots of the sides, front, back, but the more pics the merrier.

*Edit

Wow thanks Ruze that website was awesome! Tons of good reference images!

Oh sorry guys, Ruze just sent me a p.m. showing me this in case any of you are interested.

Man after I find the reference images from the blu ray movie I will be set! Those pics helped me see so much detail I hadn't noticed before, especially in the eyes and hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back