Mroreo123's Halo Reach / Frankenstein Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like how you've mixed and matched the armor pieces like that! I was thinking of doing something similar with my armor. Your locking system is really cool too! I'll have to keep that in mind!

Installed the visor, sealed the gap between it and the helmet, created a visor overlay for the HUD lines (vs. double visor technique), carved some details, major bondo work on the chin, and carved the cheek vents all the way through for extra ventilation.

IMG_8181.jpg

Still got a few more details I'd like to carve in under the ears and chin along with some clean-up work.

youre helmet is looking awesome! can you show how you did the visor overlay? i really like how it turned out. Thanks

WOW that is amazing work and you did that pretty fast, keep up the good work :)
Thanks! Just trying to make up for lost time, hehe. Today's my last full day to work on this stuff. Tomorrow, I go back to work. :(

youre helmet is looking awesome! can you show how you did the visor overlay? i really like how it turned out. Thanks
I'll release a tut when I perfect the technique. No sense in putting out half-baked ideas, right? (Which I've done before... <cough>bio-plastic)

Minor update:
Completed the ab plate with foamies.

IMG_8183.jpg

IMG_8182.jpg

Yes, I wear toe socks. :)

ReachSpineArmorv2.jpg

I'm also working on patterns for the spine armor on my Craft Robo's software. My plan is to cut out templates on card stock first, then use that to cut out foamies to layer the parts for the spine armor. I couldn't find any straight-on shots of the spine, so I had to photoshop together pics from two shots and distort, scale, align, and mirrored one half so it looked straight.

Done! Click on the thumbnails to see full size.

th_Hero-Noble6fromHaloReach-ReadytoFight.jpgth_Hero-Noble6fromHaloReach.jpgth_IMG_8546.jpgth_IMG_8549.jpgth_IMG_8551.jpgth_IMG_8552.jpgth_IMG_8556.jpg

Final parts:
MkV(B) helmet plus UA mod (removed due to making it front-heavy)
base Reach shoulders w/ Gungnir and ODST shoulders
modified Reach chest plus Tactical/LRP permutations
Reach forearms
MkVI hand plates
Halo Wars cod
MkVI thighs
Reach shins
Reach boots

In the end, this didn't end up being as much of a Frankenstein/hybrid suit as I originally planned, but that's okay. I'm happy with the parts I ended up with, and that's what counts. I'm just glad I finished before Halloween and in time to wear it to work (I think I'm the only one in the whole building dressed up).

WOW! excellent job:)
Thanks! I'm just glad I finished it with enough time to fine tune the fit. There's still a few places that need adjustment/dremeling/strapping/padding to really make it comfortable. Mostly around the knees and ankles.

Looks amazing MrOreo. Wish my frankenstein was remotely close to yours!

Thanks, James! How did yours come out? If I remember right, you wanted to do yours based mostly on Halo Wars/MkIV, right? Centered around Agbates' MkIV chest?

very nice work!
Thanks Liq!

It's been a crazy month and a half since my last post. Sorry I don't have pics of the intervening progress. I just wanted to get as much done as I could each night and didn't bother to stop to take pictures. I was disappointed I couldn't get the MkIV shins to fit my body. Despite widening the ankle area, I still couldn't get my foot through. Oh well.

I experimented with a different Smooth Cast procedure which turned out mostly well. I'm going to fine tune the process and post a tut for it in another thread. I think I know what went wrong this time around.

I must say, great job! My only comment is the torso seems to be about twice the size of the lower body (proportionally). If you redid the chest piece, I would make it a size or 2 smaller. But it looks really great!

I must say, great job! My only comment is the torso seems to be about twice the size of the lower body (proportionally). If you redid the chest piece, I would make it a size or 2 smaller. But it looks really great!
I don't have any plans to redo the chest anytime soon, but if I do, it'd mostly be to redo the rib area and back. The rib area because I'd like it to be more vertical and follow my ribs better. I can't lower my arms straight down now because it angles out and sticks out too much. As it is now, I have to walk around like I'm an overly jacked body builder, lol.

I'd redo the back because we've had better references since Rundown did this one with the Beta images, so the details are better on the newer models. But I like the overall size, because the bulk of the shoulders would make a smaller chest look disproportionately small.

Awesome work MrOreo, how did you go about attaching the shoe armor?
I hotglued straps between the main part, the shoelace plate, and the toe cap. After the three parts are all one semi-flexible piece due to the straps, I hotglued the toe cap to the toe of my boot to keep the toe cap from flopping every time I took a step (which it did my first day wearing the suit at work). You only need to hotglue the toe cap because you need to be able to lift the rest somewhat so you can tie/untie the laces.

On an unrelated note, I had an awesome time at the Long Beach Comic Con this past weekend! It was my first con, so I had no expectations. I actually had more fun taking pictures with the other cosplayers than I did perusing the comic books and merchandise.

My favorite pics from the con:
IMG_8203.JPG

IMG_8216.JPG

IMG_8199.JPG

IMG_8213.JPG

IMG_8231.JPG

IMG_8207.JPG

IMG_8270.JPG

And I even got interviewed for some sort of cosplaying documentary!
IMG_8569.JPG

Hmm I'd Say in a fight with spartan and Fett's I'd say the Spartan wins...till he sees da boobs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back