MuffinMICHI: Road to MK VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuffinMICHI

Hello all,

I've been a member here for about a year now and collected lots of information.
Until now I tried to figure out the right size for every part, so I pepped every LD part of ROBOGENESIS armor (some of them even several times^^)

Finally i got the right scaling for every part (hopefully) and think it is time to start my thread in which I want to complete the HD MK VI.

MK VI progress
Helmet: /
Chest: cut out
Biceps left: fiberglassed
Biceps right: fiberglassed
Forearm left: fiberglassed
Forearm right: fiberglassed
Handplate left: cut out
Handplate right: cut out
Cod: rondoed
Thigh left: rondoed
Thigh right: fiberglassed
Shin left: /
Shin right: pepped
Boot left: pepped
Boot right: pepped

So let's start......

first of all a Picture with most of my LD pieces
sag5.jpg

and here are the pieces I stuck together
oq2k.jpg

oeht.jpg

mx9j.jpg

m53r.jpg

and here the pieces I already resined
c51x.jpg

...and this is the project for the next days. the chest with 183(!) parts
3gn2.jpg

Thanks for watching.

Please feel free to leave comments....

Good job on the build, thus far, but your title is misleading (considering John wasn't wearing Mk VI in FUD, that was supposedly his Mk IV). This is simply the armor from Halo 2/3, not FUD. There is a thread that has links to the suit John wore in FUD.

Edit: Title changed...

Very clean pep work! This is off to a great start.

Redshirt

you are off to a really good start. Keep up the good work. I would suggest on those low def shoulders to just use those. You can pretty much add the missing detail with mat-board, more card stock, or bondo. I only say that because they look really good, and there isnt a whole lot missing detail wise from what I can see, although the one side isn't visible so there may be more work there than what appears. Also make sure you test fit the thighs and the cod piece other wise you might run into a issue with them rubbing on each other. you might have already done that it just looks like it could be a issue from the pic.

but outstanding work, i look forward to seeing the hd versions.

good luck my fellow spartan
Nice pep, keep it up!

Thank you guys.

Good job on the build, thus far, but your title is misleading (considering John wasn't wearing Mk VI in FUD, that was supposedly his Mk IV). This is simply the armor from Halo 2/3, not FUD. There is a thread that has links to the suit John wore in FUD.

Thanks for the hint.

Very clean pep work! This is off to a great start.

Redshirt

Nice to hear that from you^^

you are off to a really good start. Keep up the good work. I would suggest on those low def shoulders to just use those. You can pretty much add the missing detail with mat-board, more card stock, or bondo. I only say that because they look really good, and there isnt a whole lot missing detail wise from what I can see, although the one side isn't visible so there may be more work there than what appears. Also make sure you test fit the thighs and the cod piece other wise you might run into a issue with them rubbing on each other. you might have already done that it just looks like it could be a issue from the pic.

but outstanding work, i look forward to seeing the hd versions.

Thanks Pyronari. I thought exactly the same about the shoulders and just made the ones with the low definition.
And actually I tested the cod with the thighs so it should probably fit very good.

And concerning to the progress.....
I folded all the pieces of the chest. Pics will follow as soon as it is completely stuck together

So, it's time for an (probably big) update...

Thighs, shoulders, cod and forearms are resined

AND

the cod and the thighs have a layer of Rondo
m9k0.jpg

o4u3.jpg

7dcr.jpg

5rwi.jpg

and some pieces already have their layer of fiberglass
5alx.jpg

wfk9.jpg

xfdk.jpg

q95b.jpg

8fwl.jpg

(second shoulder is fiberglassed too but I don't have a picture yet)

The chest and handplates are nearly pepped completely.

Pics of them will follow...and I'm going to update more often of my progress ;)

So, it's time for an (probably big) update...

8fwl.jpg

(second shoulder is fiberglassed too but I don't have a picture yet)

Looks sharp! It appears that you have avoided any major warpage as well.

One question: Are those insects that you have incorporated into the rondo? I have not seen that technique before. Most builders only include bugs in the paint jobs. :)

Redshirt

One question: Are those insects that you have incorporated into the rondo? I have not seen that technique before. Most builders only include bugs in the paint jobs.

I've noticed myself that bugs love resin for some reason. I wonder how many of the little critters I have in my own suit.

Keep up the good work MuffinMICHI. You've got a long way to go, but you're doing well.

I've noticed myself that bugs love resin for some reason. I wonder how many of the little critters I have in my own suit.

Keep up the good work MuffinMICHI. You've got a long way to go, but you're doing well.

Looks sharp! It appears that you have avoided any major warpage as well.

One question: Are those insects that you have incorporated into the rondo? I have not seen that technique before. Most builders only include bugs in the paint jobs. :)

Redshirt

Perhaps insect carapaces are what actually make the fiberglass so hard.

Thank you guys

and yes, you guys are absolutely right. Most people always think 'Come on, let's put another layer of fiberglass and resin on that Piece so it will probably get hard'.
But that's wrong. The best technique for an everlasting armor are bugs :D:D

I spent a few days in Hamburg so the pics of a little progress will follow tomorrow or the day after tomorrow
But....
I luckily found this Club at the Reeperbahn (very famous party-street in Germany)^^

6o5a.jpg

Sadly, they didn't play the HALO Theme.

So here is my Update...

I finished the two boots

trp0.jpg

pw4l.jpg

I also worked on the handplates, but somehow I messed it up

2fn9.jpg

They don't look very good so I have to redo them.
I'm not exactly sure why they didn't turn out that good but hopefully it will work the next time^^

I finished the two boots

I also worked on the handplates, but somehow I messed it up

They don't look very good so I have to redo them.
I'm not exactly sure why they didn't turn out that good but hopefully it will work the next time^^

Those boots look so awesome. Sorry about the hand plates. Consider this, in their completed form, the handplates are very simple and layered. You might just want to build them direct from layers of foam or hard plastic. That's much simpler than pep. Think about how hard that pep handplate will be to sand accurately.

Redshirt

Looks good! Cant wait to see it finished!

Thanks. I also can't wait to see it finally finished.

Those boots look so awesome. Sorry about the hand plates. Consider this, in their completed form, the handplates are very simple and layered. You might just want to build them direct from layers of foam or hard plastic. That's much simpler than pep. Think about how hard that pep handplate will be to sand accurately.

Redshirt

It will be perhaps a bit of work with the sanding, but I think I will try it one more time. Otherwise I'll use the layers of foam.
And yes I also do like the Halo boots :D

And here are two pics relating to the progress
...the left shin...

ek44.jpg

h4yu.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back