mupchurch ODST First Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright - it's been a slow week. Had trouble sourcing some clear plastic material for a visor, and figuring out all this airbrush stuff.

I've got everything for the airbrush hooked up and purchased paints, as well as doing a test visor with the stuff I got (can make prolly 30 visors with it). The current test visor has bubbles in it because I just slapped it together real quick and test fit it with tape to see how well it went together. Probably will test tint it as well with my chosen color before I build the real visor and try to do it with no bubbles. I'm planning a blue color scheme with creme accent stripes and a dark grey secondary color. Should go well with a black undersuit I think. I finished the torso chassis build but didn't add much anything extra yet. I'm comparing the DFT build with the game assets and I'm pretty sure I'm adding on to his ab plate, but I haven't quite decided how yet. Anyway - here is my progress:

IMG_20181004_201341.jpg

Alright - pushed through the weekend. I've now got everything from the waste up constructed for the second suit, and finished the helmet as a paint sample.

My first pass at the helmet came out too dark, and I didn't like the results I was getting. IMG_20181006_155137.jpg

I ended up heading into the store and getting some new paint to lay down a better base coat before trying to begin weathering with the airbrush. Base coats here: IMG_20181007_174817.jpg

Then I completed the paint job with the airbrush and some pens/drybrushing for weathering. The visor looks way more bubbly in the photo than it does in person:
IMG_20181007_193652 (1).jpg

IMG_20181007_191909.jpg

IMG_20181007_191909.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm really happy with how the color turned out .

I'm out of town this week so I won't be able to continue the costume until next week. Still hoping to complete by Halloween and then the wife and I will have a little fire team.

The boarderland paintjob on the helmet looks really cool! great creativity there!!

Well I've got a few bits of strapping to adjust and I haven't attached the waste strap yet because I'm waiting on the completion of the tactical pouches to do that, but the test fit was looking pretty alright.

Going to tighten straps and build pouches over the course of the week, then evaluate if I have time to build a sidearm or something.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20181021201140998_COVER.jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20181021201149225_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20181021201123517_COVER.jpg
00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20181021201223982_COVER.jpg

If you tickle the stomach and shin plates with a heat gun to curve them slightly and make them more form fitting this build will be perfection.

That blue really just bursts out dude. Great work. Now you have given me new ideas

That blue really just bursts out dude. Great work. Now you have given me new ideas
Thanks Kula.

I've done some additional heat shaping, and created some tactical pouches as well as tightening some of the straps. Looking forward to another test fit and pictures.this weekend some time.

Went to a Halloween party this weekend and debuted the costume. I figured I was in good shape when the room cheered as I walked in .Ended up winning the costume contest and brought home 100 bucks!

It was a great experience - and really helped me learn some things about how the costume will slide around in prolonged use since the final round of the costume contest was a dance off with the devil. Going to make some adjustments to my strapping again and sew Velcro attachments to my underclothing to keep the plates in place.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20181027195534744_COVER.jpg

Wobble baby wobble baby wobble baby wobble

That looks great and congrats, but j feel like us members at the 405th have a little bit of an unfair advantage XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back