Murf's Reach scout something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murf

Okay its definitely been a while since I started anything on armor, especially since last time school and work caused me to not finish my costume, but fear not! This time i am starting with much more time to build, and a lot better craft and build quality than last time! I have decided to build a full suit of armor, based loosely around the scout armor of Reach, mixed with lots of elements from concept art and minor visual tweaks.

So far I have this doodle, which lays out a really basic look at the placement of the torso area or thereabout, really just a way for me to mull some ideas over on how i want to approach things. Also as this goes on I will be drawing more concepts and hashing things out so there will be more little drawings mixed in with my progress pepping, resin, bondo, and painting! So theres that!
IMG_8589.JPG

Also I plan on keeping a check list on where I am with the project until I complete it so below I keep track and edit it until it is done!

Helmet
x pep
_ resin
_bondo
_finish
_paint
_visor
_misc

Torso
_pep
_resin
_bondo
_finish
_paint
_misc

Left Arm
_pep
_resin
_bondo
_finish
_paint
_misc

Right Arm
_pep
_resin
_bondo
_finish
_paint
_misc

Left Shoulder
_pep
_resin
_bondo
_finish
_paint
_misc

Waist and Lowers
_pep
_resin
_bondo
_finish
_paint
_misc

Left Leg
_pep_resin
_bondo
_finish
_paint
_misc

Right Leg
_pep
_resin
_bondo
_finish
_paint
_misc

Weapon (s?)
_pep
_resin
_bondo
_finish
_paint
_misc

Right now where I am at with it is I have collected concept art that I want to work with, and Have pepped the helmet. It isn't the cleanest thing I have pepped, but it took a little bit to get back into the swing of pepping something up! It has some issues with sag that I will be fixing with cardboard supports inside the helmet, but for now it doesn't look bad!
IMG_8588.JPG

The end goal is to have this by halloween weekend in time for Youmacon in Detroit!

Time for an update! Started today on the torso armor, not quite sure on the scaling, it is small for sure, but still possible i can enlarge it enough to fit me. :unsure I will probably finish it more tomorrow, and have it finished by saturday. That or I will re scale the torso and build another one from scratch on saturday. It is an easy build, pretty low detail because I like to add more lines and details that are in the concept art rather than the in game model.
IMG_8592.JPG

Also as a little misc. thing I did, I took a patch i picked up, the 7th division battalion (sub of the 105th battalion ODST) added velcro to the patch and now can wear it on my hat, or my airsoft gear, or heck anything! Pretty excited about that!
IMG_8593.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back