My 1st foam build H2:MkVI

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by marscreature, Aug 30, 2017.

1. marscreature

marscreature New Member

HI, i'm from Michigan and I finally am building a Spartan Mark VI armor set based mainly off of Halo 2.
    I got the Halo 2 Spartan figure 5 years ago form the Halo Anniversary toy line with making a set of armor in mind.

IMG_5895.JPG

2. marscreature

marscreature New Member

Three years ago I tried my 1st pepakura and bought a bunch of cardstock and attempted a Mark VI helmet. I scaled it thinking the file was based off of Master Chiefs dimensions but 1/3 of the way into it I realized it was too small and that killed my motivation so I bought a resin helmet that came with the gold visor.
    Also, anyone have a good place to buy additional gold visors?

il_570xN.678168853_n06s.jpg

HaloHunterChief likes this.
  3. marscreature

marscreature New Member

A few weeks ago I popped Halo 2 into the xbox (original xbox) and realized what needed to finally happen and have been doing research on the forums, downloading files and watching/reading tutorials.
    Went to Harbor Freight a week ago to get supplies right after printing out the paper templates for the foam files. Thankfully I can print things on paper up to 36"x48" so I don't need to tape all the sheets together.

IMG_5896.JPG

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  4. marscreature

marscreature New Member

This past week a friend of mine has joined in making his own set of armor and we hope to be finished in mid October in time for Grand Rapids Comic Con in Michigan.
    My friend is building a Sniper rifle from a nerf CS6 and I am going to build a Halo 2 Rocket Launcher with 3.5" x 36" cardboard tubes I have. I also plan on buying the BoomCo MA5 rifle and M6 magnum.
    Currently (foam cutting out and glued together wise) I am mostly done with the waist and just need to make the side pouches and I am just about half way with the chest piece.

IMG_5894.JPG

IMG_5897.JPG

TurboCharizard, Kat and vshore100 like this.
  5. Kat

Kat Jr Member

Looks really nice!

6. FlyinPhil

FlyinPhil Marketplace Supervisor Division Staff

Lookin good man! And there's nothing wrong with buying a cast or printed helmet, pepakura can be a pain!

Kat likes this.
  7. marscreature

marscreature New Member

Wow.. 2 weeks later I finally finished the chest... I need to dedicate more time to this!
    I'll add detailing once all the other pieces are assembled.

IMG_5987.JPG

8. marscreature

marscreature New Member

On another note, I just got a life size statue of Halo 2 Master Chief!
    IMG_5978.JPG IMG_5979.JPG IMG_5980.JPG

9. Artest05

Artest05 New Member

10. macktruck

macktruck New Member

Oh wow, if I got that, I would immediately make a mold and cast of it. I envy you.