Not open for further replies.

supertaco

I have finally gotten some form of armor here completed. An EOD helm =]
[attachment=7080:eod____005.JPG]
[attachment=7081:eod____006.JPG]
an the lenses( to be added)
[attachment=7082:eod____010.JPG]

i'm gonna put the lenses in after the paint dries fully

Its good man...Now make the rest of the suit and it would be really good.

Nice idea with the lenses I never tink of that.

Pat

This helmet does look good, but I must suggest some constructive criticism, so do not take it personally. The resin, prime, sand, repeat process is to remove the sharp edges or "polygon" looking shapes in order to make the helmet look smooth. If you didn't do this step or did not repeat it multiple times, I would suggest that you resin, prime, sand multiple times to remove sharp angles. Good luck on the rest of your armor.

Am I the only one who noticed that he just made a pep build, and painted it? (Sorry to sound harsh) but there is no bondo, resin, fiberglassing going on there, just straight paint on cardstock.

Best regards,
Mike

PositiveKarma said:
Am I the only one who noticed that he just made a pep build, and painted it? (Sorry to sound harsh) but there is no bondo, resin, fiberglassing going on there, just straight paint on cardstock.

Best regards,
Mike
I'm sure everyone noticed, but I guess we're all supposed to be "encouraging" since every negative comment on this site gets deleted anyways.. :cautious:

I was just interested in what color blue that is..

Last edited by a moderator:
Enrisan said:
I'm sure everyone noticed, but I guess we're all supposed to be "encouraging" since every negative comment on this site gets deleted anyways.. :cautious:

I was just interested in what color blue that is..

Its close to a Royal Blue, maybe a Dodger or Azure Blue.

Best regards,
Mike

PositiveKarma said:

Best regards,
Mike
I actually used frost's hot glue method on the inside and resined the outside. (cough cough)

And you guessed it, royal blue, I got it from a friend so i don't remember much else about it.

supertaco said:
I actually used frost's hot glue method on the inside and resined the outside. (cough cough)

And you guessed it, royal blue, I got it from a friend so i don't remember much else about it.

lol I know my friggin colors :cool:

If you resined it, I suggest maybe trying to fiber glass some other time.

Best regards,
Mike

ahh k thanks. I'm still having trouble deciding which blue I want to use. I currently sprayed my handplates with Krylon True Blue gloss, after it dried it looked fine I just don't know so much about the gloss. I also bought Oxford blue but I think it's a little too dark.

supertaco said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back