My Animated Gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC PwN 3R

well, i've been working on this little thing on and off, and was messing around with mortal kombat sprites.
this is the end result. there will be more fine tuning so i will update, but for now, compliment, criticize or adore my animated gif.

ninjarecollection.gif

yes, i like it too.

its good but i have seen a bit better, u can get those halo sprite things now which give you alot of flexability in animation have a look round on google and see what you can find.

if ur talking about the ones from halo.bungie.org, then those arent really that good to use for animations. otherwise prove me wrong.

u use an image editor such as GIMP or Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro.
make seperate layers and using sprites or images as u want to use, paste them into those seperate layers. save as .gif and set the time between frames/layers. such as 100ms per layer, as in 100ms, they will switch from one frame/layer to the next. i prefer 80ms, for not many frames.

idealy, if u want a smooth animated gif, such as like my example, make many layers, between 10-20 frames on one move, such as a jump or backflip, and move it minutely, possibly 1-5 pixels, and place at 30-50ms

if you want a fast animated gif, such as something flying through the air, place 5-10 frames and seperate the frames like 20-25 pixels apart from each layer and set the time to 70ms.

experiment, and pm me if u need details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back