Props My Assualt Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterChief

Jr Member
Here's my first attempt at an Assualt Rifle! Any help for next time I try it would be mucho appreciated!
Gun001.jpg

Gun002.jpg

Gun003.jpg

Gun004.jpg

Gun005.jpg

Gun006.jpg

Gun007.jpg

Gun008.jpg

Not bad, It not perfect but still pretty cool. Try adding resin/bondo. Another word of advice would be using non-corrogated cardboard. But still, good work!

Yeah, as Overlord said.

The lining of the cardboard ruins it.
Before you think I'm being an ass, I'm not.

Its the Cardboard, Using corrogated does Ruin the image a bit, but with a bit of bondo should fix that

Heres a little tip about the cardboard. I've been using it for about 2 years now, nothing else, and ive got the perfect system to make it look as real as possible. Before painting, take masking take, and put it on top of the visible corrogation. Next, use glue, and with you're fingers aply it on the edges of the tape once its on the cardboard. Make sure the glue covers the tape, so the edge of the tape doesn't come off, and so the glue creates a "ramp". After you're finished, paint the gun, and you'll find that its almost impossible to see the tape. You can't see it from 15cm away If you do it right!

CHEERS!

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
Heres a little tip about the cardboard. I've been using it for about 2 years now, nothing else, and ive got the perfect system to make it look as real as possible. Before painting, take masking take, and put it on top of the visible corrogation. Next, use glue, and with you're fingers aply it on the edges of the tape once its on the cardboard. Make sure the glue covers the tape, so the edge of the tape doesn't come off, and so the glue creates a "ramp". After you're finished, paint the gun, and you'll find that its almost impossible to see the tape. You can't see it from 15cm away If you do it right!

CHEERS!

This man's got a plan.

Thats a nice method, i may have to try that. I would personally use Insulation tape, that stuff is smooth. and even if the tape is visible, it sitll looks good.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Stig said:
This man's got a plan.

Thats a nice method, i may have to try that. I would personally use Insulation tape, that stuff is smooth. and even if the tape is visible, it sitll looks good.

I tryed Insulation tape, duct tape, and Masking tape. Paint chips realy easly off of insulation and duct tape, but it stays on masking tape no problem.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:

CHEERS!
Oh that sounds really good I'll try that next time... This was my first attempt at any of the armor/weapons, but next time I might try molding but ya next time I do cardboard ya definatly

Im new on 405th forum's i would like to know you make that armor status in your signature. I would really appreciate.

my Cardboard Assualt Rifle!!
this took me about 2 weeks of trial and error to get it to look just about as close to the game as possible

Copyofhaloassualtrifle002.jpg

Copyofhaloassualtrifle003.jpg

Copyofhaloassualtrifle005.jpg

haloassualtrifle001.jpg

haloassualtrifle003.jpg

haloassualtrifle004.jpg

bullets were made out of pen tube and cork...
check out my Youtube account!!! NicR94

That is pretty darn good for being made of cardboard! Just like everyone else suggested though, you should smooth over the cardboard sides with bondo or even drywall compound. But you definitely have the body and the build of it fairly accurate. :)

thanks! yes i tried my best to make it as accurate as possible. thanks for the dry wall thing as well! that sounds good. i will be making a airsoft battle rifle soon that it bondoed so i can actually airsoft with it. i wanted to bondo my marine armor i am currently making but my parents dont want me dealing with chemicals im not tought to use... my marine armor isnt to bad either :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back