Props My BR55HB WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustang2500

Hey guys! For the past few weeks, I've been working on a completely new project.

"But Mustang, you already have two projects on the go! What are you doing making more?!?"

Yes, I know. The MA5C is still coming along, and my shotty... well let's replace the 'o' with something else. I might start it again with my new favorite material... wood!

Now onto the BR. I started this project to see what I could really do as of now with all of my new skills. (You know, like nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills...)
Also, searching around and seeing all of the beautiful BR's people have made really got me pumped to try and make mine as accurate as possible.

So, I got working. I should also mention - every single piece of this project is scrap wood! My Dad would have just thrown all of this stuff away. I guess that makes this the most environmentally friendly BR, right?

First...
SANY0252.jpg

SANY0283-1.jpg

And right now.
SANY0289-1.jpg

SANY0288-1.jpg

Wow, that was quick! Thanks dude!

My plans are after I'm done the main body work, put a little Bondo on it. I'm worried about stuff like the carrying handle, because it's just MDF. I should have used some real wood for something like that. Fingers crossed.

"But Mustang, you already have two projects on the go! What are you doing making more?!?"

WHO WOULDNT HAVE 20 PROJECTS AT THE SAME TIME? STRESS IS FUN!! ...lol good luck keeping up on all the projects...
currently Im working on parts of a jun costume, a sliced reach sniper rifle, and a subject delta costume... and on top of that, my mom wants me to get a job...

Indeed, stress is very fun.

How does this look for scale?
SANY0307.jpg

And while I'm at it, how about my AR? (I think it's pretty big...)
SANY0308.jpg

Great job!

I'm envious of all that MDF you got there though, I wish i had that much.

Keep it up,

-Devious

Great job!

I'm envious of all that MDF you got there though, I wish i had that much.

Thanks! My Dad was doing some carpentry at our friend's house, so I had a bunch left over from molding and stuff. Apparently he had no idea I was taking all of his scraps from the garbage and using it. I yelled at him for trying to throw out an about 15" long 5" wide piece.

These are fantastic!! I had a go at pepacura myslef and really couldn't do it (may try again in the future) but wood on the other hand, I really enjoy working with it... I just wish I was as good as you at it, When I start earning money I will be able to buy lots of it, and practise...
There needs to be more tuts for wood
-Raze

Thanks a lot! Well I've been woodworking (well, kinda...) since I was little. Even though obviously I made crappy things, I was still learning. And here I am, very familiar with power tools and wood.
Good luck man! I hope you enjoy woodworking as much as I do!

i know how you feel:)
thats what my mom says every day

Well I say go through with it... I finally attempted to get one, still waiting for a call.. It's a long story.

looking great love your ar but i wish u never changed the top of your ar

That made me smile... You don't like the new one? I think it's way better. If you saw it in person you'd think so too. The old one was just too tall, thick, and all around messy.
Thanks anyways, always nice to hear people actually pay attention to my work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back