My Cardboard Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TastyBread

Hey everyone, several people have told me about this site so I thought I would share a little project that I've been playing with. I work at a Trader Joes in Scottsdale AZ, and because all of our product comes in cardboard boxes, I decided that I would use that to make my costume. I started it a while back but I have since made a lot of changes. For one the helmet:

Old:
helmright.jpg

New:
HELMET.jpg

I've also made an AR
IMG_0055.jpg

And a Spartan Laser
spcolor2.jpg

It's cost me less than $50 to build so far and all I've needed is a few paint brushes, hot glue, magnets (to attach the weapons) and exacto knife to put it all together. It's been a lot of fun and after seeing all the costumes made on this site, I am completely humbled by everyone elses designs. I'm still working on it and I'll post some action poses of the finished piece, but I hope you guys approve of what I have so far.

Thanks for inviting me to your forums.

AHA, so your the fella that built that laser. Looks absolutely fantastic man. Keep it up.

OMG Tastybread you're here!

We are all well aquanted with and admire all your work. Your new Splazer is especially awesome but your armor still blows me away.

Welcome to the Forums!

Sigma-LS said:
OMG Tastybread you're here!

We are all well aquanted with and admire all your work. Your new Splazer is especially awesome but your armor still blows me away.

Welcome to the Forums!
Thanks, I'm really impressed with the community here. I've been making a lot of changes with my costume, especially when considering that everything that I've learned since the beginning of the project. Now I have to go back and fix up the stuff that I made in the beginning to bring it back up to the quality of the laser in my opinion. Fits better on my body though, and that's a very big deal to me. Cant wait to show you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
holy crap....i had seen the spartan laser before(its still friggin sweet)....but im in love with that cardboard assault rifle :]

OMG! OMG! OMG! Tastybrad your finaly here! WOOT! your armour is AMAZING!!!! I LOVE YOU (not being gay) :lol: :lol: :lol: Can you get some pics of you in your armour with the spartan lazer plz? That would pwn! :lol: WOOT! good to have you here man.

TastyBread said:
I work at a Trader Joes in Scottsdale AZ, and because all of our product comes in cardboard boxes, I
Same State yay, I'm in Chandler Though. I love your armor man i would love some pics of the splzer with your armor. It looks sweet.

Oops, sorry guys but I just realized that this thread probably should have gone in the Pepakura and Cardboard Armor section. Could someone move it for me? Thanks; still trying to get a feel for the site.

Sick man, I was hoping you would join this place. The helmet is nice but I still have to say that the spartan Laser is your best yet.

Oh my god TastyBread, you are the king of cardboard creations.

In china, some food suppliers sell cardboard instead of food, so your name TastyBread makes sense to me.

I saw you on DIGG, and a dude replied, "If you want to build your own armor out of cardboard, go to http://mjolnirarmor.com/forums.

Because of you, I found this place, and you just now joined it.

TastyBread said:
Hey everyone, several people have told me about this site so I thought I would share a little project that I've been playing with. I work at a Trader Joes in Scottsdale AZ, and because all of our product comes in cardboard boxes, I decided that I would use that to make my costume. I started it a while back but I have since made a lot of changes. For one the helmet:

Old:
helmright.jpg

New:
HELMET.jpg

I've also made an AR
IMG_0055.jpg

And a Spartan Laser
spcolor2.jpg

It's cost me less than $50 to build so far and all I've needed is a few paint brushes, hot glue, magnets (to attach the weapons) and exacto knife to put it all together. It's been a lot of fun and after seeing all the costumes made on this site, I am completely humbled by everyone elses designs. I'm still working on it and I'll post some action poses of the finished piece, but I hope you guys approve of what I have so far.

Thanks for inviting me to your forums.

just a question were did u get ur visor

Killgore said:
just a question were did u get ur visor
The first one was just a transparency that I sprayed with Testors Transparent paint that you can find at any hobby shop. The second one is just strips of cardboard that I will overlay with plastic and paint.

Hey, Nice armor. I'm looking to to make some cardbord armor. Did you use pepakura on it or did you just wing it? Do you have any other tips? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back