My Cnc'd M6C/socom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my first run of the M6C/SOCOM pistol.

M6C003.jpg

It’s about 12.5” inches long and still has a little cleanup work to be done. It was my first attempt at running a two sided object. So I’ve learned a couple things that will make the next attempt run even smoother and the alignment better. The off colored spot towards the front is wood filler. I hit the wrong key on the computer and made a nice cut into it. I'm thinking about making it about .25" of an inch tall just so my hand fits a little better.

M6C002.jpg

M6C001.jpg

It based off the PDO file modeled by wmhuntertls, reverted back to a obj file. Seeing as I can’t make 3d models to save my life, this is how I’m stuck gathering files to use.

The goal is to eventually have a high def and completely accurate file broken down into parts. My goal is to eventually make several of the weapons out aluminum and plastic.

Hope you guys like it.

Wow, that's looking quite nice! I'm not too familiar with CNC machining, so I'm curious, is the backside completely flat? A pity it's not economical to make armor with a cnc machine. (only handplates and weapons :p) I can't wait to see an aluminum one of these.

Cheers!

Lonewolf Armorer said:
Hope you guys like it.

Now is that a trick question. It looks AWESOME. You're going to make a few people envious starting with me. Yep, I can't wait to see that in aluminium.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks really good!! Like the looks of that a little better than my unfold. I built the suppressor, and well, CNC'd is probably just a tad easier.....
wink.gif

What kind of cnc machine are you using? Id love to see some pictures of the machine. Also, material? Looks to be mdf but I couldbe wrong. Also, what app are you using for the 3d tool path generation. Looks excellent :D

Holy crap! You sir, are awesome!

Where exactly did you make the cut at?

Keep it up brother, can wait to see more!

-Pony

thatdecade said:
Folks with access to CNC always make me jealous. :D Awesome work. Can't wait to see it painted!

Haha! I don't think you are the only one!

Lonewolf - That turned out great! When you going to paint it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad everyone likes it. Then machine is a K2 KG-1414. I'm running Cut3D to generate the G-Code for Mach3. It's alright but I finding it to be rather limited.

TheMacine.jpg

The material is MDF. Anyone know of a good primer to use on MDF? I'll set up another run of it tomorrow to adjust the size and alignment. But first I have to finish a dust box for it. I've spent all day cleaning my little shop because everything is covered in sawdust.

you.

have.

a.

CNC.

Machine.

in your

GARAGE!!!!

life is so unfair!!

looks good man

it looks even big enough to handle small armour components as well

Nate

thats very well done man, is the join line down the center?

not to be a pain but mdf seems to be a hard wood to work with, once the surface is cut through it takes alot of work to sand back and fill the flakey areas, id try and use acrylic if possible and or styrene they both work together very well and machine really nice.

It's better to seal the MDF with Golden paint GAC 100. This prevents the resin used to bound the MDF together from seaping into the paint and discoloring it over time. What the company calls Support Induced Discoloration (SID). I've seen the effect of paint over MDF and it can ruin a paint job big time. It tends to go yellowish brown.

FOr more information, see the Golden paint Web page on GAC.

I don't work for Golden Paints at all. I'm just providing first hand knowledge of the effect of MDF over paint. (Yes, that's what I said, MDF over paint). It would be a shame to ruin such great work due to discoloration of the paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back